Chase Utley - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chase Utley

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chase Utley

Postby DbacksRback » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:18 am

Chutley as I call him has been playing well as of late and that could be expected considering his first month or so could be seen as his spring training. But the thing that most suprises me is how he is stealing bases at a solid pace with so much concern for his knee. Compare this to Sizemore who had 0 sb and Utley has 11. Really happy to see him heating up...how do you all see him from here on out?

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Chase Utley

Postby thatguy27 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:30 am

Utley has always been a phenomenal base runner. He just seems to have the perfect baserunning instincts. For his career, he has 107 SB and has been caught just 13 times... That's an 89% success rate. And over the past 2+ seasons he's been even better, stealing 47 bases in just 49 attempts for an absurd 96% success rate.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby DbacksRback » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:45 am

thatguy27 wrote:Utley has always been a phenomenal base runner. He just seems to have the perfect baserunning instincts. For his career, he has 107 SB and has been caught just 13 times... That's an 89% success rate. And over the past 2+ seasons he's been even better, stealing 47 bases in just 49 attempts for an absurd 96% success rate.

Yea he has always been solid when it comes to stealing a base. I was just stating that it's very encouraging to see him steal bases at this rate considering there was so many issues with his knee.
Watching nearly every game I haven't seen him favoring it at all and playing hard and aggresivly like he always has. He's a stud

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kab21 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:01 pm

Nice payback for those that drafted him this year. I grabbed at pick 97 or something and considered it one of my big slipups. But he's been exactly what I needed. And I'm surprised that he's running so much because of the knee concerns. But I'll take it and I need every SB.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 166)

Postby thatguy27 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:09 pm

DbacksRback wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:Utley has always been a phenomenal base runner. He just seems to have the perfect baserunning instincts. For his career, he has 107 SB and has been caught just 13 times... That's an 89% success rate. And over the past 2+ seasons he's been even better, stealing 47 bases in just 49 attempts for an absurd 96% success rate.

Yea he has always been solid when it comes to stealing a base. I was just stating that it's very encouraging to see him steal bases at this rate considering there was so many issues with his knee.
Watching nearly every game I haven't seen him favoring it at all and playing hard and aggresivly like he always has. He's a stud

Yeah, I hear ya.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby DbacksRback » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:23 am

Like I said....Stud. He's been ripping lately could be in for an awesome end of the year:
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?conte ... d=11493214

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ABA316 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:45 am

Like the $9 I spent in one league this year..I grabbed Zobrist as an interim. No complaints since Cano went for about $50.
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Padsin05 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:20 am

at the end of april I was able to swap Brian Roberts and Venters for him in a keeper league
;-D ;-D
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Return to Baseball Leftovers