Jacob Turner call up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Jacob Turner call up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jacob Turner call up?

Postby ltrocq » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:05 pm

Any Tigers fans hearing anything on the situation?

The Tigers were talking about calling him up around this time to make a few starts but nothing has come of it.
ltrocq
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jacob Turner call up?

Postby flybutts1 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:58 pm

i have him stashed in the minors, cbs is saying that leyland said that it is a long shot that he gets a call up within the next month.
flybutts1
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Montana168 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:58 pm

viewtopic.php?t=428239

I've been monitoring Jacob Turner very closely as well, and stated some of my opinions and quoted some articles in that thread. While I thought he was very close, I have a feeling, based on statements made by the Tigers brass, that we won't see him this year. Turner has thrown a lot of innings this year, and it has been suggested by the Tigers that his innings are going to be limited. If he is the Tigers' #5 starter, they aren't able to do that as well as if he stays in AA. He also has been struggling recently which means he could be fatigued from the innings.

IMO, it will on depend on whether or not the Tigers acquire a SP at the deadline or not. If they don't, Turner odds of coming to the bigs increase significantly. But if the Tigers are able to get a guy like Kuroda, Lowe, or Guthrie then I don't think we will see Turner until 2012, even if there is injuries the rotation.

EDIT: Although it should be mentioned that the Tigers altered Turner's rotation spot and he is now lined up with the Tigers major league #5 rotation spot. Turner was given 10 days rest since his last start on July 15 [mostly due to the futures game/allstar break], and just pitched today for Erie [8 IP 7H 1BB 3 ER 8 K] and Duane Below is pitching for the Tigers tonight as well.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Montana168 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:51 am

Tigers are calling up Jacob Turner. ;-D

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/mlb/ ... ect-turner
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby flybutts1 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:00 pm

wasn't expecting this call up. wonder if its for the rest of the season or just one game if they are making a trade.
flybutts1
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Montana168 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:10 pm

flybutts1 wrote:wasn't expecting this call up. wonder if its for the rest of the season or just one game if they are making a trade.

They just acquire Doug Fister from Seattle today so this is most likely a one time spot start. But you never know with how bad Brad Penny is. Will all depend on how he performs. If he is lights out, he gives the Tigers options. But if he is terrible, there is no choice, he goes back to the minors.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Minor League & College Baseball