Ramus dropped. Is he worth adding? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Ramus dropped. Is he worth adding? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ramus dropped. Is he worth adding? WHIR

Postby Bolthead04 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:15 am

Of the pitchers, Colon is the one I'd go with. He's had an interesting year for sure. You may have to sit him for some games, but he has done well enoughto merit being rostered IMO.

As for Rasmus, I would grab him. Once the trade deadline has passed and he is moved or isn't moved, I suspect he might rebound. (I actually traded for him not too long ago in my league as a buy low for that reason. He may not be rostered now, but I sense a turnaround coming.)

Still, Colon will help you now, and hopefully for the ROS. Rasmus is a short term sleeper attempt as I see it. The upside, especially in the STL lineup however would tilt me to Rasmus if I were you.

David Hernadez is the one to drop regardless of the rest.

Thanks for the help on mine! Cheers! ;-D
First Year-First Team

Last Week: 9-2-0
Overall: 141-80-10 (16-5 by the week)
Bolthead04 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sodomojo » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:24 am

I'd try and get him too. And yeah drop Hernandez, not much of a point not to because you will be soon anyways, Putz will be back on Tuesday.

Rasmus' potential is immense as everyone knows, and while you don't need him on the OF side of things, he could potentially be a nice trade chip down the stretch for an upgrade at SS, C, or SP.

If you can't get him, I would pick up Luebke. Second and third would be Colon and Danks.

Help with me please - viewtopic.php?t=435525
sodomojo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BlueJaysFan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:38 am

ATLbraves wrote:That is a very tough decision. I like Danks the most but he is on a 6 man rotation apparently. Do you think that hurts his value at all? Cause I think it does a little bit.

I would still rank them like this though:
1. Danks
2. Luebke
3. Colon (is on a better team so him and Luebke are pretty much equal imo)

I don't think Danks value will be much lower than it is now, plus there are rumors they might trade one of their sarters. If my waiver goes through, would you drop Gregg for one of those? I'm second in saves, and I don't think much would change if I drop him. I might actually add Colon, he's been up and down all year, but his last two starts were very strong.
BlueJaysFan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ATLbraves » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:37 am

BlueJaysFan wrote:
ATLbraves wrote:That is a very tough decision. I like Danks the most but he is on a 6 man rotation apparently. Do you think that hurts his value at all? Cause I think it does a little bit.

I would still rank them like this though:
1. Danks
2. Luebke
3. Colon (is on a better team so him and Luebke are pretty much equal imo)

I don't think Danks value will be much lower than it is now, plus there are rumors they might trade one of their sarters. If my waiver goes through, would you drop Gregg for one of those? I'm second in saves, and I don't think much would change if I drop him. I might actually add Colon, he's been up and down all year, but his last two starts were very strong.

Yes I definitely would, you already have an excess of closers really. I still think that with 3 closers you could win saves any given week. So dropping Gregg for any three of those SP's would be a good move imo.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PokeyReese » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:27 pm

I had kept Rasmus all year. Of course, I dropped him Sunday. Of course, he has homered twice no since I dropped him.

And who did I drop him for? Cameron Maybin, of course, who got hurt the day I picked him up for Rasmus.

Sorry to everyone else who dropped Rasmus and/or picked up Maybin. I must be cursed.
PokeyReese
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby BlueJaysFan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:57 pm

PokeyReese wrote:I had kept Rasmus all year. Of course, I dropped him Sunday. Of course, he has homered twice no since I dropped him.

And who did I drop him for? Cameron Maybin, of course, who got hurt the day I picked him up for Rasmus.

Sorry to everyone else who dropped Rasmus and/or picked up Maybin. I must be cursed.

It's funny, since the guy in my league added Maybin for him too. I hope you get lucky and no one places a waiver for him. I'm hoping I manage to get him in my league, and I'm beginning to regret trading him and Braun for Doc and Cahill in another league.
BlueJaysFan
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions