Looking to shuffle my SPs - WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Looking to shuffle my SPs - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking to shuffle my SPs - WHIR

Postby Bolthead04 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:32 pm

Pitchers available are..... Nolasco, Colon, Garcia, Worley, Narveson, Cobb, Gee, Holland to name the main options I see.

I'm leaning to picking up Worley, Garcia, and maybe one other? I can see dropping Chacin, Beachy, or even Latos. (I might be able to trade Latos though. Another manager is a fan of his and wants him.)

Any opinions? I have mine, but I will reserve them for now.

As always, WHIR 100%. Thanks a bunch. :)

Edit - Dropped Madson for Bonifacio and Beachy for Garcia, who will be dropped for Nolasco/Worley. Trying to trade Latos - offered for Adam Jones. Is this fair?

The league is 12 team H2H.

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On Base Percent (OBP)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings

C - Brian McCann
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - Danny Espinosa
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
SS - Alexi Ramirez
OF - Jason Werth
OF - Carlos Quentin
OF - Nick Swisher
Util - Colby Rasmus
BN - Freddie Freeman
BN - Michael Morse

SP - Shaun Marcum
SP - Matt Cain
RP - Francisco Cordero
RP - Ryan Madson
P - John Axford
P - Justin Verlander
P - Joe Nathan
BN - Jhoulys Chacin
BN - Mat Latos
BN - Max Scherzer
BN - Brandon Beachy
Last edited by Bolthead04 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
First Year-First Team

Last Week: 9-2-0
Overall: 141-80-10 (16-5 by the week)
Bolthead04 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking to shuffle my SPs - WHIR

Postby BlueJaysFan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:32 pm

I would add Worley for sure, and maybe even Nolasco or Colon. Drop Madson, and Beachy if you want one of the other two. I think Philly will either have a closer by committee, or Bastardo gets the job. Don't drop Latos, even if you can't make the deal, I think he should get you good stats, (although wins might be rare, since the padres have weak offense).

Can you help with my 2 plz:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=435519
viewtopic.php?t=435518
BlueJaysFan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby plapre3 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:34 pm

I'd hang on to the guys you have as I don't think any of the replacement options are particularly better an your guys, while struggling, have better upside. Also, I don't want to get into deep statistical analyses in this space, but I've read articles arguing for the guys you have (hardball times recently defended Chacin convincingly), so take my word for it. The biggest concern would be Latos as I get the sense that his playing injured. I suggest trying to get what you can for him, ideally using Latos plus another of your players to net an upgrade and then using one of the replacement options. Of those guys, I like Nolasco the best, then Holland. Aside from the Nolasco's last meltdown (11 ER, yuk) he's essentially been Marcum. I hate to pull out stats, but Nolasco usually has two or three such starts a year... I'd bank on one more and just deal with it, instead counting on his always solid peripherals. Holland is an interesting case as a guy who my have turned the corner, but we'd need to see a little more than just the past few starts given the fact that he was droppable in deep leagues only a month or so ago. Anyway, hope this helps.

Please help: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=435517
plapre3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ATLbraves » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:41 pm

I would definitely try to trade Latos, if that doesnt work then drop him for Worley. I would sit tight with your other guys cause I dont think you can upgrade with any of the other guys.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=435502

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mpieco » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:56 pm

Your team is great the way it is. There are no options available that are better than what you have.

If you really want to add a pitcher, I recommend dropping Colby Rasmus to do it--not any of your existing pitchers. Chacin, Latos, and Madson are all much better than the guys you listed. Why would you trade away/dump the closer on the team with the most wins? He's starting to hit his stride now that he's off the DL. He's had two very productive saves, and Bastardo has looked awful recently.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby osbtensor » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:18 pm

I would not "drop" any of the starters you're looking to move.. if you can't trade any of them for something you like better.. hold tight. i like some of those pitchers available, but nothing more than a possible streamer category. is that what you're going for? if so, i'd start out small, maybe one.. not three.

help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=435521
osbtensor
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby jruffus1 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:37 pm

I do not think that you should drop any of those pitchers - Since none of the players you've mentioned are up to par with any of them.
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 64)

Postby Bolthead04 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:03 am

Well, I dropped Madson for Bonifacio tonight. I am getting killed by Alexei right now and I need some steals and AVG. I do believe he will clear waivers as saves are not held in high regard in my league for whatever reason. When the time is right, I'll grab Madson/Bastrado back.

I dropped Beachy for Garcia as well (to stream a start against the M's) and then will drop him to pick up Nolasco or Worley. I've had Nolasco for most of the year (although I missed some of those very nice starts around the AS break...). He's a pretty good option, but doesn't get wins with the fish. That's why I'm tempted by Worley. However, with the trade rumors around him, I'm still leaning Nolasco.

As for Rasmus, I'm waiting until after the trade deadline before I decide what to do with him. He may end up on a team or in a park that wakes up his bat. (I can hope, right?)

The owner who wants Latos won't trade main players, so it will be hard to get a deal done there. If I can, Worley will make the lineup. (Or Madson)

So, a lot of it is in the air, but I have a general plan in mind.

I greatly appreciate all the opinions everyone! I had a spidey-sense in the first three weeks on the WW which seems to have disappeared with my extra hours of work the last couple months.

Will be returning help shortly!

On a side note, what does everyone think of Worley? He's been killing it this year for the Phils, and if he stays in the rotation, he is sure to get a lot of defense and run support, as well as solid bullpen help behind him... I haven't seen him pitch, but the numbers are very very strong.
First Year-First Team

Last Week: 9-2-0
Overall: 141-80-10 (16-5 by the week)
Bolthead04 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ATLbraves » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:10 am

Bolthead04 wrote:On a side note, what does everyone think of Worley? He's been killing it this year for the Phils, and if he stays in the rotation, he is sure to get a lot of defense and run support, as well as solid bullpen help behind him... I haven't seen him pitch, but the numbers are very very strong.

He looks like a very solid young pitcher, and he is on a great team that puts up run support so he should get plenty of Wins as well. But like I said, he is a young pitcher, so I am sure he will have a rocky stretch at some point just like Beachy has.

help with another one if you have a chance please:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=435524

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sodomojo » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:14 am

For the long term, I don't see anyone worth dropping for one of those pitchers you listed.

If you need short term help, I like Worley first then Garcia second in terms of streamers for this week. However, I would not drop Chacin or Latos. If you have to, drop Beachy.

Also, if you're willing to deal with the inconsistency and occasional implosion and can play him at the right times, Nolasco is a decent option. Although personally I've had him for both of his implosions this season and I'm tired of it.

Take a look at mine please - viewtopic.php?t=435525
sodomojo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions