Need some help!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Need some help!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need some help!!

Postby kungfuwig » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:42 pm

So the trade deadline is coming up in my league in 8 days, I am in first place but in the weakest division. I have really had a drop in production, and while I hope to still make the playoffs I am not sure if I have the firepower to make a run. I was looking into trade options, but this would destroy my farm system. This is a dynasty league where I started with the KC Royals, so there is 30 teams. Here is my current starting line-up.

C - Carlos Santana
CI - Prince Fielder
CI - Mike Moustakas
MI - Danny Espinosa
MI - Ryan Theriot
OF - Michael Brantley
OF - Cameron Maybin
OF - Matt Joyce
UT - Ryan Ludwick

SP1 - Zack Greinke
SP2 - Doug Fister
SP3 - Scott Baker
SP4 - Aaron Cook
SP5 - Zach Britton
RP1 - Neftali Feliz
RP2 - Joakim Soria
RP3 - Leo Nunez
RP4 - Eric O'Flaherty
RP5 - Koji Uhera
RP6 - Sam Demel

Now I know that this looks like a not so good team, but guys heated up at the right times and its gone good. The way the standings go is we face multiple opponents a week and play a total of 8 games. Right now I am 13 games ahead of 2nd place, but look to go 0-8 this week all against division rivals. My question is, should I make some moves to improve or understand that my run will be minimal and keep my young guys for next year. The top prospects that I have inclue Jean Segura, Mike Montgomery, Casey Kelly, Jarrod Parker, Trayvon Robinson, Collin Cowgill, David Holmberg, Chris Withrow, Neftali Soto, and Drew Vettleson. Let me know who I should trade if you think I should and what kind of return to look for. The last thing is that there are contracts in this league, and being a small market team some guys I might now be able to afford. All suggestions would be amazing. I just am not sure if I should make some moves or hold out for the future.
kungfuwig
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need some help!!

Postby TrueNorthChamp » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:47 pm

Do you have a link to the league site? Sounds interesting.

For the question though, in a 30team league it does not look all that bad. One spot I think you need to upgrade in is getting another bat to stick in UTIL or OF and then one more decent starter, with those two aquisitions, I think you will have at least a fighting chance in the playoffs.
TrueNorthChamp
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kungfuwig » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Not too sure if these links will work.

This is my roster - http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?topic=89.0

This is the scoring site - http://www4.fantrax.com/fantasy/teamRos ... izgffolo6o (not sure this one will work if your not part of the league)

This is the site I do all my fantasy on, everyone should check it out - http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php

I agree with the OF and UT spot. Do you think I should go after Iannetta. The owner expressed interest in Montgomery and Kelly. He would be my UT spot. SP is not as valuable in this league so I really am focused on the offense.
kungfuwig
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TrueNorthChamp » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:56 pm

I dont think Ianetta will get you to where you want to be, and Kelly/Montgomery seems like a hgih price to pay.

Any other names on the block?
TrueNorthChamp
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kungfuwig » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:06 pm

Lets see...I sent a message about Pence. He should be re-building cause of his record so Ill see the reply. What would you give up for him. Other guys include...

Kevin Youkilis - High price. $10.5m till 2013, my payroll might not be able to hold him and he would take 3 or 4 specs
Mark Reynolds
Jeff Francoeur
Ty Wiggington
Logan Morrison

It is hard to say who else.
kungfuwig
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TrueNorthChamp » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:09 pm

I like Pence a lot so would certainly go after him. Depending on the price I think morrison would also be a great add for a lower price.
TrueNorthChamp
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Dirty Dlamps » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:10 pm

I agree with the prior post. Your lineup may not sound too sexy on paper but for the shear size of a 30 team league its legit. If I were in your situation I would go after a middle tier OF. Brantley in particular has been real hot and cold and it would be nice to have a decent player to plug in there every now and then.

In regard to your prospects I have hear Segura may be a stud and is considered a top 100 prospect. Montgomery has blown sand this year in AAA but shit he's young. I have not heard of any of your prospects who play OF in particular. I'd go after an OF for the playoff run. I'm a White Sox fan and call me stubborn but I still think that Cleveland will Crumble.

Thanks for the help on mine.
Dirty Dlamps
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kungfuwig » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:12 pm

That does sound good, messaged the guy with Morrison to see what kind of return he is looking for. His team is stacked so hopefully he will do with some minor league players. Thanks for helping, and check out that site. If anyone else has any suggestions let me know.
kungfuwig
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sigriffey » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:23 am

Pence, Morrison ... McCutchen, Stanton... All guys to consider who couldmbeef up your of.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 314)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions