Drop Colon, Humber, Baker, Liriano or E. Santana? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Drop Colon, Humber, Baker, Liriano or E. Santana? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drop Colon, Humber, Baker, Liriano or E. Santana? WHIR

Postby PokeyReese » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:51 pm

What one pitcher should I drop out of Bartolo Colon, Scott Baker, Phil Humber, Francisco Liriano, Ervin Santana?

All are pretty volatile guys statwise. Most (except Liriano) have been solid this season, but any or all you could see start to get lit up. Will Colon wear down? Is Humber coming back to earth? Will Santana's ERA and WHIP keep dropping?

I am leaning toward dropping Humber because he's had a couple rough outings and his BABIP has been due to start rising. His WHIP has been unbelievable, but he doesn't strike many out. Of course, Liriano has been the worst of the bunch.
PokeyReese
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drop Colon, Humber, Baker, Liriano or E. Santana? WHIR

Postby ATLbraves » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:02 pm

I would have to go with Humber as well for the same reasons you stated.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=435414

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Drop Colon, Humber, Baker, Liriano or E. Santana? WHIR

Postby theblemishedone » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:06 pm

IDK what kind of format your league is, but this is based on my general observation so it should help in most to all formats.

In order of who to drop first to last:
Phil Humber-Ozzie is going to a 6 man rotation. That means no 2-starts and it throws the pitchers out of rhythm. On the other hand, the extra rest could help.
Francisco Liriano-He's been too volatile all season. He has flashes of brilliance, but then he relapses-hard. It's tough to even spot-start him.
Bartolo Colon-Colon is the biggest surprise. Outside of a few rough starts, he's been pretty solid. It never hurts to have a team that can hit behind you as well. :-)
Ervin Santana-He's looking like the Santana we know. It's a shame that his team doesn't always hit for him.
Scott Baker-He's a fantastic sleeper pick and having a career year. After today, it looks like he's right back where he left off before he got injured.
theblemishedone
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions