Help me with my keepers? I need 10 (Piece of cake right?) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Help me with my keepers? I need 10 (Piece of cake right?)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help me with my keepers? I need 10 (Piece of cake right?)

Postby Newkie » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:16 pm

I am in a 10 manager 10 keeper 6x6 H2H league and I need help since the last time I was looking for keeper help last yr.

Here is a list of my potential keepers, and I only need 10 for next yr. Some of these guys, managers have a lot of interest, and I could trade off for either two for ones to better my keeper, or for draft picks.

McCann C
Alexia Ramirez SS
J Weeks 2B
J Kipnis 2B
Rios OF
Ethier OF
Choo OF
Stanton OF
Quintin OF
D Jennings OF
B Anderson SP
F Liriano SP
J Johnson SP
N Feliz RP

I have a stash of 1st and 2nd and 3rd rounders next yr. so I could easily pick up the borderline players like Weeks, Rios, Jennings etc.

Thanks in advance

P.S. I was offered Zimmerman 3B and Harden and 3 middle round draft picks for Stanton, Feliz and my 1st 2nd and 3rd round pick. Remember, I have multiple picks in each of the first 3 rounds. What do you think?
Newkie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help me with my keepers? I need 10 (Piece of cake right?

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:37 pm

McCann C
Alexia Ramirez SS
Ethier OF
Choo OF
Stanton OF
Quintin OF
B Anderson SP
F Liriano SP
J Johnson SP
N Feliz RP

And I'd pass on that trade offer. I love Zimmerman, but I think you're giving up a bit too much in that deal and would be better served picking up some nice talent in the draft that gets squeezed out of other team's keeper roster.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:59 pm

McCann C
J Kipnis 2B
Alexei Ramirez SS
Ethier OF
Choo OF
Stanton OF
Quentin OF
B Anderson SP
F Liriano SP
N Feliz RP

Time to go with youth movement. I kept Kipnis he's a top shelf prospect at a shallow position, just got called up and will be a nice sleeper next year. I hate having to keep Ethier. See if you can deal him for a 1b keeper maybe Freeman or Hosmer? Then you could keep that 1b in your wake. If you have to package someone else I would...and keep Jennings in that slot.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1998)

Postby Newkie » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:45 pm

I did have Freeman, I moved him for Stanton. I noticed you left out JJ and Ackley. My thought is whether Ramirez is really worth keeping, or whether Choo is finally going to come around. I don't have a very good team this yr. for the first time in awhile, so I need to fix what I broke and I have plenty of draft picks to do so.
It might just come down to keeping the name players that would never get past anyone in the draft, and pick the other guys in the first 4 rounds. I have (4) first round picks, and (2) 2nd round picks, (3) 3rd round picks and (4) 4th round picks. I sold early as I am out of the playoff hunt already.

Thanks
Newkie
College Coach
College Coach

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:01 pm

Newkie wrote:I did have Freeman, I moved him for Stanton. I noticed you left out JJ and Ackley. My thought is whether Ramirez is really worth keeping, or whether Choo is finally going to come around. I don't have a very good team this yr. for the first time in awhile, so I need to fix what I broke and I have plenty of draft picks to do so.
It might just come down to keeping the name players that would never get past anyone in the draft, and pick the other guys in the first 4 rounds. I have (4) first round picks, and (2) 2nd round picks, (3) 3rd round picks and (4) 4th round picks. I sold early as I am out of the playoff hunt already.

Thanks

I don't see Ackley listed in your original post, but assuming he's on your squad, he'd make my list of ten over Brett Anderson.

Alexi is a decent keeper. I think he'll be a top eight SS or so next season, but if you can find a better replacement via trade there's no reason not to do so. As for Choo, he's a lot better then what he showed this season and I expect him to return (somewhat) to form in the future.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Ackley over Kipnis then by a nose.
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Newkie » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:19 pm

My bad...
I do have Ackley, and another manager wants him, and I want his Sterlin Castro. Or would you still keep Ramirez over a Castro if I aquired him. Of course I would have to give him some of my draft picks to even things out.

Thanks

P.S. I just cant give up Anderson. I like him when he is healthy? And I traded for him last yr, so I cant just throw him back. I do think I have a better chance of acquiring an Ackley or Kipnis via the draft than an Anderson, who most likely will be the top SP in the free Agent pool. (Healthy or not)
Newkie
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Newkie » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm

This is a duplicate post from above, but now I have a couple different players, and I am wondering if I should keep a combination of these 10, or offer draft picks to upgrade at any certain position. I have a manager that traded all of his draft picks away, and I am the only manager with multiple picks in the first 4 rounds. 4 in the first, 2 in the 2nd, and 3 in the next two rounds.
He is willing to trade players like V Mart, Uggla, Youk, M. Holliday, Cliff Lee, Haren, Tommy Hanson, and Feliz. Would you send multiple picks over for any of these guys, with the knowledge that I will have to drop a play or two from my list of 10 keepers.

Thanks in advance.

I am in a 10 manager 10 keeper 6x6 H2H league and I need help since the last time I was looking for keeper help last yr.

Here is a list of my potential keepers, and I only need 10 for next yr. Some of these guys, managers have a lot of interest, and I could trade off for either two for ones to better my keeper, or for draft picks.

McCann C
Justin Morneau 1B
Alexia Ramirez SS
J Weeks 2B
Ryan Zimmerman 3B
Rios OF
Ethier OF
Choo OF
B Anderson SP
F Liriano SP
J Johnson SP
Craig Kimbrel RP

I have a stash of 1st and 2nd and 3rd rounders next yr. so I could easily pick up the borderline players like Weeks, Rios, Jennings etc.

Thanks in advance

Help me decide on my 10 in my list, or going for somebody like Hanson, which I could really use (my SP's are all injury prone)
Newkie
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:37 pm

McCann C
Justin Morneau 1B
J Weeks 2B
Ryan Zimmerman 3B
Alexia Ramirez SS
Ethier OF
Choo OF
F Liriano SP
J Johnson SP
Craig Kimbrel RP

Anderson is out can't keep him. Weeks is a good young 2b and will be the pepper Brob of salt. He will be leading off next year and they will give him the green light early and often. 285/6/50/100 run/45 SB season is not out of line for him. Unless you can get Uggla or something. See if you can deal Morneau and Alexei for maybe Hanley? Buy low on him. Maybe Ethier+2nd rounder for Holiday? Maybe Morneau Liriano and Weeks for his Uggla and Hanson. Doubt you can get Lee or Haren.
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Newkie » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:12 am

Actually, I have both Weeks, Jamile, and Ricky. The player that I would really like is Hanson, and all he is looking for is a first and a 2nd or 3rd.
His team is stacked at SP, so he can afford to move Hanson.
Newkie
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions