Need advice w/Wright coming off the DL soon WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Need advice w/Wright coming off the DL soon WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need advice w/Wright coming off the DL soon WHIR

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:12 am

So, standard 6x6 h2h league with OPS and holds as extra cats. This is a Dynasty league.

I will list my team. Note: No current catcher.

C
1B Prince Fielder
2B Brandon Phillips
3B Pablo Sandoval
SS Alexei Ramirez
IF Starlin Castro
LF Brett Gardner
CF Matt Kemp
RF Andre Ethier
OF Carlos Lee
U David Ortiz
U BJ Upton
DL David Wright

SP: Jair Jurrjens, Clayton Kershaw, Madison Bumgarner, Vance Worley, Carl Pavano, Andrew Miller, Carlos Carrasco.

Mid RP: Jose Veras, Vinnie Pestano (will get some saves), Eric O'Flaherty, Joaquin Benoit, Randy Choate, Kameron Loe.

Closers: Drew Storen, Joe Nathan, Joel Hanrahan, David Hernandez, Javy Guerra.

DL: Roy Oswalt, Jose Contreras.

My predicament:

David Wright looks like he is very close to coming off the DL. Who do I drop to make room for him? Carlos Lee? Seems like I could get decent value for him in a trade, no?

Should I attempt a trade? One team has been continuously trying to get Alexei from me. I refused, but recently traded for Castro. If I traded Alexei, I could move Castro to the SS slot and Wright into the IF slot. I would want to get good value for Ramirez, of course. My biggest needs (looking at my stats) are HR and RBI. I just traded for Prince and have had him less then a week, so I am hoping he picks up some of that slack.

The team that has enquired about Alexei has Adam Dunn. I assume Dunn will bounce back some and I am in the top three in BA/OPS so if I take a hit there it wouldn't be so terrible, although I would need Dunn to bounce back some. He also has Hafner, Cano, Freeman, Heyward. However, he is in a rebuilding mode and may not wanna trade youth. Any suggestions?
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need advice w/Wright coming off the DL soon WHIR

Postby bginda2g » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:46 am

For the immediate move, drop Andrew Miller to activate Wright.

Unless your league somehow allows this, I don't see how you can start 11 RP daily. I'd drop 1 for a catcher. No use chancing a lose in a category by a single run or RBI if you can fill the spot.
bginda2g
College Coach
College Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Re: Need advice w/Wright coming off the DL soon WHIR

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:05 am

bginda2g wrote:For the immediate move, drop Andrew Miller to activate Wright.

Unless your league somehow allows this, I don't see how you can start 11 RP daily. I'd drop 1 for a catcher. No use chancing a lose in a category by a single run or RBI if you can fill the spot.

Thanks for the input. As for 11 RP, I am so far ahead on Wins, Strikeouts and Saves this week already, I decided to load up on extra middle relievers to get some holds and lower ERA/WHIP. I benched my closers for the week (except for today, with off days)

As for losing a category, I understand the advice, but the only offensive categories I really have issue with are HR and RBI, and I just traded for Prince to address that. The best FA catcher is Ianetta who doesn't really excite me much. I am looking into trading for Vmart to cover that.
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions