Alomar vs. other 2B's - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alomar vs. other 2B's

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mtarail » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:30 am

That's funny. Count me in the EXACT same boat too, and I've got Alomar. Yes Alomar stunk last year. Yes, he's given excuses and he says he's in better shape this year than in the past. He'll be hitting leadoff in Arizona and I've seen him stealing bases in spring training games.

I've been looking at the same players that you have, but I still think that Alomar has the most upside of all those guys. I'm starting the season with him, and if he stinks or someone else starts tearing it up, THEN I'll consider switching Alomar out.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Homebrewer » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:53 am

canibus wrote:
G-Man wrote:alomar used up his "change of scenery" hype to no avail last year, but regardless i am staying away from the guy.

I hear ya. It's only for acoupl of weeks, only reason I'm gambling. Someone talk up Jimenez :-D I don't know a whole lot about him.

Jimenez came up with the Yankees and was supposed to be ASoriano before the actual Soriano came along and made it happen. Jimenez has since made several stops and occasionally flashed signs of that potential without ever making it stick. Still, he's young and has the upside. I've washed my hands of Alomar, but you do what you're comfortable with.
Homebrewer

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers