Nike Shoe Return - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Nike Shoe Return

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nike Shoe Return

Postby DbacksRback » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Just throwing it out there because I never knew this. I had nike shoes for over a year but they developed "bubble" by the toe on the material so I asked if I can send them in for a discount. They said if the shoes were made within 2 years of the date inside I can. So I sent them in and for the shoes I bought for 90 dollars over a year ago and wore tons of times i got 125 credit to nike.com 8-o . Just a bubble and I basically got my shoes replaced after wearing them nearly every day for a year. I told my friends about it and they never knew/thought this was possible. Just wanted to let the cafe know about this if it could help someone out ;-D

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Nike Shoe Return

Postby urbanbreez » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:56 pm

Looks like it's time to take a lighter to some of my old Nikes. Where did you "send them in" and did you need to provide them with anything else, like a receipt? How severe/large was the bubble? What part of the shoe had the bubble?
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:51 pm

I used to do this with cleats and basketball shoes. Nike is really great with it. If they determine that whatever was wrong was a 'manufacturers error' then you get an awesome credit. It's good stuff.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby DbacksRback » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:10 pm

urbanbreez wrote:Looks like it's time to take a lighter to some of my old Nikes. Where did you "send them in" and did you need to provide them with anything else, like a receipt? How severe/large was the bubble? What part of the shoe had the bubble?

I think mine was from water damage. First I emailed them here concerning my problem then 24 hours later a response sent me here:
http://www.nikebiz.com/customer_service ... uidelines/
Where I followed the steps. All I had to do was send in the shoes which cost about 25 dollars but worth the return. One of the bubbles ripped Size of a quarter) and there were a few dime sized bubbles forming all of which were located on the top toe area. Hope this helps

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:17 pm

I'm glad you reminded me of this. I'm going to see if I can send back my Nike 5.0 running shoes that absolutely kill my feet on my long runs. They're comfortable as hell to just wear for normal exercise, but when I go on a 4 - 5 mile run my feet are so blistered and the outside of them so hurt that I'm gimping around the entire following day. They're dated 11/11/09 so they should take them back. I just sent them the e-mail. I can't believe I forgot all about how my parents used to do this for me in high school with my cleats and bball sneakers.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby DbacksRback » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:44 pm

bigh0rt wrote:I'm glad you reminded me of this. I'm going to see if I can send back my Nike 5.0 running shoes that absolutely kill my feet on my long runs. They're comfortable as hell to just wear for normal exercise, but when I go on a 4 - 5 mile run my feet are so blistered and the outside of them so hurt that I'm gimping around the entire following day. They're dated 11/11/09 so they should take them back. I just sent them the e-mail. I can't believe I forgot all about how my parents used to do this for me in high school with my cleats and bball sneakers.

Yea you should be perfect. Mine were from 9/23/09. So with shoes I paid 90 for Im gonna buy new shorts and 80 dollar running shoes ;-D

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Postby urbanbreez » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:44 pm

awesome, thanks! ;-D
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:51 pm

tennis players do this all the time. if the bottom is worn down in less than a yr, i believe they replace it for free.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=340506
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby DbacksRback » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:49 pm

Just an update I placed my order and for my 90 dollar shoes I wore for over a year I got this with the 125$ voucher:
Image(for running/working out)
and 2 pairs of dri-fit socks all for the grand total of $3.49 ;-D
Last edited by DbacksRback on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Postby knapplc » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:05 am

I might have to seriously consider some Nikes, then. I've been walking every day at work, a little over two miles, and my shoes from bargain brand X are worn down smooth after just a few months. My biggest gripe about shoes these days is the soles are paper thin rubber glued to foam, so they wear out in one season, usually less than a year. If I can get those replaced, that would be worth the $90 I'd spend.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to General Talk