Am I Giving Too Much for Miggy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Am I Giving Too Much for Miggy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Am I Giving Too Much for Miggy

Postby mpieco » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:21 pm

In my mind, Walker is worth Barney/Lewis together. I'm very high on Neil Walker...he's like a poor man's Robinson Cano.

So, the deal is essentially Miggy/Nolasco for Fielder/Lester.

I'd say that you're giving up a bit too much in the starting pitching category for what isn't much of an upgrade (some would even consider it a downgrade). I'd either look to try and get back something a bit better than Nolasco. Although, I'd rather have Kershaw and Lee, so if you have to give up one of your 3 stud pitchers, Lester is the right one.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dannahann » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:46 pm

rasto21585 wrote:Miggy is only year older than fielder. Plus isn't fielders weight and poor defense a concern. What if he ends up being a dh like David Ortiz.

Prince isn't a poorer defender than Miggy and a year and a half ago a guy in our league dealt Miggy due to concerns over HIS ballooning weight gain? Miggy is more likely to become a dh than Prince IMO, mainly because Miggy is a for sure AL guy and on a team with an aging DH to boot. If we're going to play the what if game, what if Miggy gets arrested driving drunk once again or gets swallowed up by his alcohol problems? Prince + Lester is too much in most of our opinions.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby High cheese » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:10 pm

If Prince hits the way he's had all year than he could be 300lbs for all I care. Cabrera is no Weight Watcher spokesman himself. Lester is the dealer breaker for sure
C-Santana
1B-Gonzalez
2B-Uggla
3B-Zimmerman
SS-Reyes
OF-Hamilton/Beltran/McCutchen
Util-Heyward/MCab/Berkman
Bench-Dom Brown/Moustakas/Aybar

SP-Halladay/Sabathia/Beckett/Shields/Hamels/Peavy
RP-Marmol/Paplebon/Valverde/League/Feliz
High cheese
College Coach