David Wright never wrong...? WHIR 100% - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

David Wright never wrong...? WHIR 100%

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

David Wright never wrong...? WHIR 100%

Postby billycent » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:14 pm

Had this trade offered to me in my keeper league and am looking for some opinions as I'm a little unsure. My Lester and Dunn for Wright and Ian Kennedy. We keep 8 (5 hitters and 3 pitchers) I have 4 solid offensive keepers as of now (Braun, Howard, Kinsler, and Pence) not sure who the 5th will be... obviously it would be D.Wright if I pull the trigger on this deal though. My 3 pitchers as of now are Lester, Price, and Hamels... but Gallardo would jump right in if I move Lester. What does anybody think as far as keeper value and production for the reamainder of this year? Leave a link and I got u right back.

Philadelphia Phillies
12 Team ESPN 10x10 H2H Keeper league... 8 keepers
c - Russell Martin
1b - Ryan Howard
2b - Ian Kinsler
3b - Aramis Ramirez
ss - Jimmy Rollins
mi - Dan Uggla
ci - Michael Morse
lf - Ryan Braun
cf - B.J. Upton
rf - Hunter Pence
of - Travis Snider
u - Ty Wigginton
bench - Adam Dunn
sp - Jon Lester (DL), David Price, Cole Hamels, Yovani Gallardo, Francisco Liriano, Ryan Dempster, Cory Luebke, and Erik Bedard (DL)
rp - Sergio Santos, Kyle Farnsworth, Matt Capps, David Hernandez, and Bobby Parnell
billycent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: David Wright never wrong...? WHIR 100%

Postby theblemishedone » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:59 pm

Totally do this trade.

In a keeper league, having Wright as your 3B keeper is a nice option. Getting rid of Dunn frees up dead weight and room on your bench. And Kennedy is not a huge drop from Lester (@ least based on this year).

Keep in mind Kennedy will get you wins and a few CG's as well. That and I trust Kennedy's bullpen. :-)
theblemishedone
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby machine3 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:00 am

I would also do this trade.
machine3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ahcryky » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:20 am

Although it would be nice to unload Dunn...... I don't like this trade. You already have Aramis at 3B, so not really a need. And Wright's "minor" back issue hasn't seemed so minor. I would much have Lester over Kennedy by a large margin.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby billycent » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:25 pm

Thank you... I nearly took this trade last night but I was finding it very hard to part w/Lest. I think the main reason I'm considering it is bc of Wrights value as my 5th offensive keeper... but Upton, Morse, even Uggla (I'm still a huge believer) all seem like very viable keeper options as well. Not to mention my rotation the rest of this season if I keep Lester is damn near unstoppable and his keeper value I think is much greater than that of Gallardo. Any other opinions though?
billycent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mpieco » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Lester's keeper value is indeed higher than Gallardo--Gallardo is not much more than a #3 Fantasy option.

I, however, prefer Kennedy to Lester for ROS and even in the future. I think Ian Kennedy is going to be the next big thing in pitching, and full expect him to finish the season on a tear, vaulting him into the top 10-15 SP's taken next year.

This trade is not too bad...it'd be a heck of a lot better if you could give up Gallardo instead of Lester. Could you try that out? Even so, I'd be strongly tempted to take it. I'm high on Kennedy.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby billycent » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:42 pm

No, he very specifically wants Lester
billycent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor