Votto Trade WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Votto Trade WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Votto Trade WHIR

Postby jaredmack » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:27 am

fdsd
Last edited by jaredmack on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaredmack
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jaredmack » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:29 am

well i am a haren believer myself, had him last year and he had better splits at the 2nd half of the season. but i understand his history just trying to figure out what will make it work
jaredmack
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ahcryky » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:38 am

Looking at his team, he is basically trading you two bench players for Votto, which should tell you a little bit about how strong his team is if you are even considering this. If I was going to counter this I would add to the original one pagan and Wandy and try for Kershaw. He might not go for it, but if he wants a top 10 fantasy player you need to get more in return.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dannahann » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:39 am

jaredmack wrote:well i am a haren believer myself, had him last year and he had better splits at the 2nd half of the season. but i understand his history just trying to figure out what will make it work

If YOU are really sold on Haren kick in a scrub like Hughes and ask for Kershaw Gaby and Haren. I personally wouldn't trade Votto for that but would be inclined to ask for Kershaw Holliday and Gaby for Votto and maybe Pagan. If he balks go down to Pence or Bruce instead of Holliday and kick in Carlos Lee instead of Pagan. If he insists it must be Victorino vs any of his other OF kick in another player (Drew would help him) and make him add either Bruce or Pence too. ie Votto Drew C Lee for Kershaw Gaby Bruce (or Pence) and Victorino.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 65)

Postby jaredmack » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:50 am

i offered him both ideas and his main issue with it is that his sp is pretty shallow as it is and he wouldnt be able to give up both his best pitchers. he would be interested in adding to his sp and if possible with votto he knows he would be giving up some key pieces. so any other ideas. i was thinking of putting lee in there and taking some pieces from his outfield but idk what to try to send to him. and appreciate all the help
jaredmack
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mpieco » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Ok, I'm going to offer a crazy-ass trade.

I think Haren and Kershaw are both in for better second halves (which is saying a lot, because they were lights out in the first half). if I'm you, I'm going to offer the following:

Votto, Lincecum, Cliff Lee, Elvis Andrus

for

Dan Haren, Kershaw, Jose Reyes, Gaby, Victorino

You get Reyes to replace Andrus. You get Gaby to replace Votto. And you get Victorino to start over Pagan (A Jones and Upton are solid). You get two more reliable second-half pitchers.

You give up Andrus who is healthy and is like a Jose-light. You can play up the fact that Reyes is hurt and might not come back to full strength--he has a history of tweaks and pulls. You're giving up big names in Lincecum and Lee--Lincecum hasn't had a great year though, and Lee sometimes fades during the end of the year before his typical playoff domination. And of course you're selling Votto.

You're offering the guy the safety of Votto and Andrus for the inherit risk that Reyes brings back. And you're offering up the "bigger" names for two guys who are pitching better than those names.

See what happens. You're in last place, you've not nothing to lose.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jaredmack » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:22 pm

i offered that trade he said it was ok but there would have to be more or work something out but he countered with pence, gaby, and dan haren straight for votto. should i accept now? is pence>victarino? i feel as if i need to get depth to fix some positions
jaredmack
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mpieco » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Oh my god. Pence, Haren, and Gaby for Votto?

Yes, I think that's a nice haul for Votto. i would accept. Great work. ;-D
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jaredmack » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:46 pm

The deal before was a verbal agreement and he decided to not except it. but now the deal is looking like cliff lee and votto for haren, leo nunez, hunter pence and gaby.
do i still take this deal?
jaredmack
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mrtunnel1 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:55 pm

I would also stick with Votto. If you are interested in trading him post it in your league. A player of his caliber should get command some better offers.
Mrtunnel1
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions