Votto Trade WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Votto Trade WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Votto Trade WHIR

Postby jaredmack » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Been going back and forth with this guy for a while and he just countered me with Votto for Gaby Sanchez and Victarino. He said it was a fair offer but im not so sure, votto has been frustrating me and i know he has a big name and all but only thing that really differs him from gaby is avg and rbis. which was the other owners arguement. but i am in desperate need of outfield help as my outfielders are adam jones angel pagan and J upton.
jaredmack
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Votto Trade WHIR

Postby mzkp54 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:33 pm

I wouldn't make that trade. That means that Votto underperforming is still better than Sanchez overperforming. And Victorino's already been on the DL twice this year. I'd stick with Votto or get better value for him.

Lend a hand?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=435000
mzkp54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jaredmack » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:48 pm

thats my thing with victarino he has those good numbers with being on the dl twice and i wouldnt really consider him injury prone. but would anything on top make this trade work possibly? a reliever?
jaredmack
College Coach
College Coach

Postby High cheese » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:57 pm

I wouldn't be interested in this deal. If you need an OF you are best to target players like Cargo, McCutchen or Hamilton for Votto. Being hasty because you feel a player is underperforming is the worst mistake you can make. Hanley is a perfect example. Not long ago many people jumped ship on him. I think he's be lighting it up just a bit lately don't you think?
C-Santana
1B-Gonzalez
2B-Uggla
3B-Zimmerman
SS-Reyes
OF-Hamilton/Beltran/McCutchen
Util-Heyward/MCab/Berkman
Bench-Dom Brown/Moustakas/Aybar

SP-Halladay/Sabathia/Beckett/Shields/Hamels/Peavy
RP-Marmol/Paplebon/Valverde/League/Feliz
High cheese
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dannahann » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:08 pm

You can probably get any OF besides Braun or Kemp if you advertise Votto to your league. You are getting a serious lowball offer here. Stay away.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby jaredmack » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:02 am

i had an idea that i was getting low balled but i was curious about how low balled i was. im in dead last in a 10 team h2h league and need to get some starters to take over if i am gonna sell votto. if haren was thrown on top would that be considered fair? just curious as to what level player or pitcher i should look to get added on
jaredmack
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ahcryky » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:05 am

No way I do this deal. It's about to start heating up in Cincy and so will Votto. Of course the other guy is trying to talk you into it with "numbers"........ He's trying to steal Votto away from you.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jaredmack » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:10 am

i have a feeling things will be heating up there but im in dead last and im trying to make playoffs and im trying to figure out what to do in order to get better players in order to catch up and very few trades happen in this league im playing in which is a problem not many people are willing to deal
jaredmack
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ahcryky » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:14 am

It might help to see rosters of your team and the team you are dealing with.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dannahann » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:25 am

jaredmack wrote:i had an idea that i was getting low balled but i was curious about how low balled i was. im in dead last in a 10 team h2h league and need to get some starters to take over if i am gonna sell votto. if haren was thrown on top would that be considered fair? just curious as to what level player or pitcher i should look to get added on

Haren is typically an early season stud that fades as the season progresses. If the guy wants Votto and you want multiple players, makes sure you get at least two of his top 5 players + a guy like Gaby, or Gaby + a commensurate stud at a more needed position than Votto.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions