Trout, a keeper or a trade chip? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trout, a keeper or a trade chip?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trout, a keeper or a trade chip?

Postby storminjnorman » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:26 pm

14 team, H2H, 10 keepers (no penalty) league, 6x6 (OPS and QS). I'm currently in first by 2 games, but I am probably going to be stuck with a dilemma. Our Yahoo! league is set to wait until majors to add the best prospects, and I got the #1 through a trade and jumped all over Trout. Now I'm in a bind. Do I go for present riches and trade him, or do I hold onto what I think could be the white Carl Crawford?

My team:

Napoli, Miggy Cabs, J. Weeks, A-Rod, Andrus, Bautista, Kemp, Stubbs, Presley, Bernadina, Trout, Bonifacio
Hanson, Ubaldo, JJ, Morrow, Lilly, Bedard, Leake, Luebke, Chen, Pavano, Capuano, Paps and Kimbrel.

Since we keep 10 (140 total), I'm planning on punting Catcher and 2B as I do every year, same with saves. So I'd keep: Miggy, A-Rod, Andrus, Bautista, Kemp, Stubbs, Hanson, Ubaldo, JJ, and Morrow.

I've been trying to package Stubbs and that #1 waiver for a while, but then Trout came up before I had planned and threw a wrench into it all. Now I'm thinking maybe selling on Stubbs and Morrow, but I don't know if anyone will bite, and what an upgrade would really be. I want to win desperately this year, but I can't just give away Trout, can I?

Help, please?!
storminjnorman
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trout, a keeper or a trade chip?

Postby dannahann » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:17 pm

I wouldn't give him away. I saw him play a few AA games this year and I think he'll display a bit more pop than Crawford. Our keeper rules are a bit different in that we have special provisions for rooks and Trout was one of the first rooks drafted in our league. His owner has been getting numerous offers on him throughout the year and finally decided to up the ante by posting yesterday "Trout on the Menu" on the message board and decribing what he'd like. Long story short he traded Trout today, along with BJ Upton and Brandon Morrow for Joey Bautista Dom Brown and Yovanni Gallardo. Trout was the key keeper cog dealt to land Joey, wish I was the recipient.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby DattKemp27 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:32 pm

If you are playing to win, you have a great trade peice, im sure atleast one team will be willing to pay top dollar for him
DattKemp27
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mpieco » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:44 pm

I don't think Stubbs or Morrow will bring back good value. I love both players and think they're top 100 fantasy players, but they haven't necessarily performed that way up to this point (especially Morrow, although he had a nice outing tonight against the Yanks).

Trout will most likely bring back the best value. There's no harm in asking around and proposing some theoretical trades to some of your league-mates.

You could use upgrades at 2B or SP (good front end, but nothing on the back end).

I could see Trout getting you someone like Uggla (a great buy-low candidate right now).
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions