Thoughts on Vetoable?

Postby converge241 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:05 am

Redraft 10 team 5x5 roto

Johnny Damon
Brian Duensing
[ FOR ]
Robinson Canó
Josh Hamilton
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thoughts on Vetoable?

Postby bigmck » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:18 pm

There is a section devoted to Trade Offers. Please put your future messages there.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 59)

Postby DattKemp27 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:45 pm

I hate to veto a trade, but there is no way someone would make this trade with any rational reasoning. I think its safe to say their is something wrong here
DattKemp27
College Coach
College Coach

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:33 am

That's a terrible trade. If your league has "training wheels" veto rules (voting, or comish evaluates "value" or something) then it should get vetoed. If both managers are trying to improve their team it's a fair trade - can't argue. But I can't think of any reason the side giving up Hamilton and Cano could possibly give for that improving their team. Duensing and Damon are borderline rosterable in a 10 team mixer. You could almost certainly get comparable players off the WW.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 48)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:59 am

Agreed with every part of ALL THREE above posts ;-)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ABA316 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:11 am

No way this should go in a redraft..what I wanna know is how was that accepted in the first place?
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mkultra » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:46 pm

This trade reeks of either collusion or screw-the-noob. Ask the player getting Duensing and Damon how he thinks the trade helps his team.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby converge241 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:28 pm

bigmck wrote:There is a section devoted to Trade Offers. Please put your future messages there.

I wasnt aware we were no longer reviewing if a trade should be vetoed here in the commish corner thread, when did this change and where is it located?
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:03 pm

converge241 wrote:
bigmck wrote:There is a section devoted to Trade Offers. Please put your future messages there.

I wasnt aware we were no longer reviewing if a trade should be vetoed here in the commish corner thread, when did this change and where is it located?

Commish corner description on the main baseball board index: "Come on in and discuss league problems, rules, settings, or anything else relating to league management right here."

DTKW: "Looking for opinions on trade offers?"

Trade vetos questions, while their answers are almost always obvious and don't need to be asked around here anyway, should always be DTKW fodder IMO, since you are literally looking for an opinion on a trade and nothing more.

Commish corner would be a better home if you have determined a trade to be vetoable becasue of provable collusion, which then caused a stink in the league and you didn't know how to handle it, etc. Other than that, it's more for league settings questions, how to manipulate/maneuver through different fantasy sites' LM tools, etc. as far as most of us are concerned.

Hope this helps ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby converge241 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:04 pm

Wasnt a trade offer, accepted trade that caused some controversey. I would say a Trade Offer ceases to be once accepted?

Hate to be a pain but ive been a round for a while and If the commish corner's no longer going to be used for this thats fine IF it comes to that actual decision being made but have to speak up for its years of usage in this way while its being questioned/debated. Very very valuable to ahve this here I would say ;-D

Have you seen how busy DTKW is? I worry about people jumping in saying "dont take this offer" when its an accepted trade or the like
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner