Start Morrow vs. Yanks and Worley vs. Mets tomorrow? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Start Morrow vs. Yanks and Worley vs. Mets tomorrow? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Start Morrow vs. Yanks and Worley vs. Mets tomorrow? WHIR

Postby KobraCola » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:57 pm

Should I start Morrow vs. the Yankees at home tomorrow? While his numbers at the Rogers Centre are pretty good (3.89 ERA, 1.23 WHIP, 154 K's in 125 IP), his numbers vs. the Yankees suck (5.19 ERA, 1.50 WHIP) except for K's, as always since it's Morrow (54 K's in 43.1 IP).

I have a similar problem with Worley pitching at Citi Field. Obviously these are small sample sizes cause he hasn't pitched in the bigs that much but vs. Mets: 4.50 ERA, 1.90 WHIP, 7 K's in 10 IP in 3 games. Numbers at Citi: 15.00 ERA, 4.00 WHIP, 1 K in 3 IP in 1 start (that's a very small sample size, obviously).

I'm in a standard 12-team H2H mixed league, but the problem is I play on Yahoo, with a very shortened week by the AS Break that ends on Sunday still, and today was the first day, so I have a lot fewer starts and no stats yet for my SP's. Who should I start?
KobraCola
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Start Morrow vs. Yanks and Worley vs. Mets tomorrow? WHI

Postby frygator » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:28 pm

I have both pitchers also-I'm starting Worley because he has been pitching so well and sitting Morrow because of the opponent.
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
frygator Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby bears2 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:13 pm

I also have morrow and im also tryin to decide...yankees won tonight an toronto killed the ball so im figuring friday yanks kill the ball an toronot cant score...also morrow you get k's and no matter who he plays his era /whip is anyones guess.I am leaning towards benching him but thats when they throw no hit type ball,when we bench em...freddie garcia pretty solid so i say bench...but i guess if i look an tex or cano happens to sit out then i start morrow..good luck
"If you sit down at a poker game and don't see a sucker, get up. You're the sucker."
- Paul Newman (?)
bears2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 22)

Postby klvrdude » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:13 am

For what it's worth I picked Worley up for a spot start tomorrow.

He has been pitching well and I'm thinking he'll have a chip on his shoulder from his previous Met encounter making him slightly more motivated.
klvrdude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Who to Start/Bench