Pena for Brantley? WHIR!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Pena for Brantley? WHIR!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pena for Brantley? WHIR!!

Postby BiGAnT » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:39 pm

I need OF badly and and I have no room for Pena as UTIL because I just made a trade for Fielder, so I figure maybe I can get Rs and SBs back in this trade...the other guy needs a 1B but would he accept this? OR, he offered me Kevin Correia for Pena...I already have a Pirates SP (Karstens) and Correia's ERA may wind up hurting me, and I am already pretty bad in that category. Any suggestions? Thanks! :-)

C Mike Napoli
1B Ryan Howard
2B Brandon Phillips
3B Jhonny Peralta
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Matt Kemp
OF Vlad Guerrero
OF Alex Presley
UTIL Prince Fielder
BN Ty Wigginton
BN Carlos Pena

SP Roy Halladay
SP Jair Jurrjens
SP Gio Gonzalez
RP Sergio Santos
RP Mark Melancon
P Mike Adams
P Aroldis Chapman
P Daniel Bard
BN Aaron Crow
BN Jeff Karstens
BN Barry Zito
Philippians 4:13
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 273
Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Pena for Brantley? WHIR!!

Postby JonGrudenRocks » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:50 pm

i would definitely do the trade if he accepts it. you could also try to pick up someone like rajai davis or emilio boafacio for runs and steals
help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=434959
JonGrudenRocks
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 50
Joined: 4 Sep 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pena for Brantley? WHIR!!

Postby ATLbraves » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:06 pm

I would think you would be able to get a little more then Brantley for Pena, but if no one else will bite then I would accept the trade. Only because you have Fielder at UTIL though.
Image

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2653
Joined: 19 May 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pena for Brantley? WHIR!!

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:51 am

What SB options are available? Brantley is an OK option. It seems like this deal would help both teams. Neither player is immensely valuable but provides what each other needs. Offer it and see what happens.

Post ww SB threats if you don't mind (along with some others)
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
Posts: 16554
(Past Year: 1936)
Joined: 1 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: NC

Re: Pena for Brantley? WHIR!!

Postby BiGAnT » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:36 pm

MadDog36 wrote:What SB options are available? Brantley is an OK option. It seems like this deal would help both teams. Neither player is immensely valuable but provides what each other needs. Offer it and see what happens.

Post ww SB threats if you don't mind (along with some others)


The top 3 SB FA are Venable, Gomez, and Bernadina. I like Brantley and I need a more reliable OF than Wigginton, Vlad and Presley...is he better than any of them (I traded Chris Young and Carlos Quentin in packages to get Kemp and Fielder so I have NO OF now besides Kemp)? Wiggy is for HR and RBI, Vlad isn't doing anything right now, and I like Presley but can he keep it up? Also, I don't think anyone is interested in Pena and so this may be my only option at this point except to drop him and pick up someone else (Travis Snider and Eric Thames are available - both of whom I like, but theres no SB with them)! Thanks!
Philippians 4:13
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 273
Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Pena for Brantley? WHIR!!

Postby KaPluie » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:38 pm

Pena >> Brantley
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 826
Joined: 4 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pena for Brantley? WHIR!!

Postby mpieco » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:58 pm

You have little-to-no need for Pena, so it doesn't matter if he's better or worse than the player you're trading for--that's what people seem to forget about trades.

Are you improving your team with this deal? Well, probably. You're moving someone you don't play (You have Howard and Fielder) and you're getting someone you'll probably start (over Presley), and who will contribute in cats that you need.

With that said, I think you could even do a tad better than Brantley, but I understand the situation you're in, and can't fault you on the deal.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.


Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1336
Joined: 15 Jul 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pena for Brantley? WHIR!!

Postby BiGAnT » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:05 pm

mpieco wrote:You have little-to-no need for Pena, so it doesn't matter if he's better or worse than the player you're trading for--that's what people seem to forget about trades.

Are you improving your team with this deal? Well, probably. You're moving someone you don't play (You have Howard and Fielder) and you're getting someone you'll probably start (over Presley), and who will contribute in cats that you need.

With that said, I think you could even do a tad better than Brantley, but I understand the situation you're in, and can't fault you on the deal.


Yes, exactly, Pena does me no good on my bench so I'll take whoever I can get...I can possibly get Adam Jones in a 1for1 because the kid has him on his bench and he needs a 1B also, so I'm going to try that first. If Jones doesn't work, I can get Kevin Correia from someone else in a 1for1, would that be better than Brantley? Also, I am dropping Vlad since he may even go on the DL and picking up Vance Worley...now my only other question is this: should I drop Wigginton and pick up either one of Thames or Snider (TOR scores mad runs and they're both playing extremely well - which one could I expect to keep it up for the rest of the season??..my gut says Snider, but he had his share of struggles earlier on this season, and Thames has had a very high BABIP and his K rate indicate he will not be able to hit at .330) Thanks for your help!
Philippians 4:13
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 273
Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Pena for Brantley? WHIR!!

Postby mpieco » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:49 pm

Love the Vlad drop for Worley.

And I strongly suggest dropping Wiggy for TRAVIS SNIDER. Do it now before someone else does.


In regards to the deal, since you're adding Snider, who you can platoon with Presley in the OF, I might go in the direction of SP for Pena. I think you should do better than Correia. What pitchers does the guy you're in touch with have? I would think Pena could get you someone like...Ricky Nolasco, who has been showing signs of life recently, but typically has a poor second half.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.


Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1336
Joined: 15 Jul 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pena for Brantley? WHIR!!

Postby BiGAnT » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:59 pm

mpieco wrote:Love the Vlad drop for Worley.

And I strongly suggest dropping Wiggy for TRAVIS SNIDER. Do it now before someone else does.


In regards to the deal, since you're adding Snider, who you can platoon with Presley in the OF, I might go in the direction of SP for Pena. I think you should do better than Correia. What pitchers does the guy you're in touch with have? I would think Pena could get you someone like...Ricky Nolasco, who has been showing signs of life recently, but typically has a poor second half.


Yeah, I am going to do that as soon as possible haha In regards to my OF though, I will still only have Kemp, Snider/Presley and then no 3OF, so should I get Jones in the trade? (Better than Brantley right?) The guy already said he would accept it..but the SP that the guy(s) have that might be obtainable are Dan Hudson, Gavin Floyd, Javier Vasquez, and then Correia. Liriano and Matt Harrison may also be possibilities.
Philippians 4:13
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 273
Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Philadelphia

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact