F - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

F

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

F

Postby hockeykidb3 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:06 pm

f
Last edited by hockeykidb3 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
hockeykidb3
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fair for Kimbrel?

Postby bigmck » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:19 pm

Post your trade offers in that section.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 59)

Postby hockeykidb3 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:56 pm

not an offer, a trade review as LM
hockeykidb3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:36 pm

hockeykidb3 wrote:not an offer, a trade review as LM

I'll try to be less abrasive than the other guys have been in the past: Is there a chance your league will have a trade that you don't run by us here (more or less in the wrong section) because you think it's collusive or "unfair"? Again, not trying to start something, just puzzled :-S
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hockeykidb3 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:12 pm

there has been like 20 trades since my last post
hockeykidb3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:28 am

If you're going to post in the comish section, it should be a comish issue. Generally if you have a trade you're unsure about, you need to tell us the context.

Personally I think you're confusing "good/even" with "fair." To get an opinion on a trade's value or evenness, that's DTKW. Post it there.

A "fair" trade is one that both players agree to. If both managers agree to a trade and are consciously trying to improve their team, it is a fair trade.

The only time you should post in the comish section about a trade is if you think a trade is breaking your league's rules.

I'm going to be straight with you - posting like 50 times in a short span, with each post being as short is "player A for player B - fair?" really rubs people the wrong way. For one thing, you give no context, nothing about your league, no rosters, no settings. You're not going to get a quality response that way. Plus there's the fact that you're posting in the wrong forum, have been told that, and continue to do so. If you want real advice, limit yourself to important questions, not something you just want an opinion on. Post a trade (in the right section) that you're really torn on. Give us your thoughts, show us where you're coming from, post the league settings, the rosters, the whole bit. Then you'll get your question answered and the answer might actually be helpful.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 48)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:55 am

lane_anasazi2 wrote:If you're going to post in the comish section, it should be a comish issue. Generally if you have a trade you're unsure about, you need to tell us the context.

Personally I think you're confusing "good/even" with "fair." To get an opinion on a trade's value or evenness, that's DTKW. Post it there.

A "fair" trade is one that both players agree to. If both managers agree to a trade and are consciously trying to improve their team, it is a fair trade.

The only time you should post in the comish section about a trade is if you think a trade is breaking your league's rules.

I'm going to be straight with you - posting like 50 times in a short span, with each post being as short is "player A for player B - fair?" really rubs people the wrong way. For one thing, you give no context, nothing about your league, no rosters, no settings. You're not going to get a quality response that way. Plus there's the fact that you're posting in the wrong forum, have been told that, and continue to do so. If you want real advice, limit yourself to important questions, not something you just want an opinion on. Post a trade (in the right section) that you're really torn on. Give us your thoughts, show us where you're coming from, post the league settings, the rosters, the whole bit. Then you'll get your question answered and the answer might actually be helpful.

I didn't have the time to expound earlier, but since this sums my opinion up to a T, I'll just say "This." ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mkultra » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Word. ;-D
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Return to Commissioner's Corner