Trade help - Giving up too much for Braun? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade help - Giving up too much for Braun?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade help - Giving up too much for Braun?

Postby Yceman » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:31 am

Hey guys, it's Year 6 of a 16-team keeper league and I'm trying to consolidate my roster since I can only keep 5 guys. My plan is to offer Konerko, Beltre, and my 1st round pick (6th round) next year for Braun. I would be getting a few lesser players back in Rolen and Niese while also giving up Gallardo.

My other keepers are Fielder, Kemp, Weeks, and Votto. I'd like to get a 2-for-1 to get Braun since I'd have a hard time choosing between Konerko and Beltre as my 5th keeper next year. Am I giving up too much?

Thanks in advance!
Yceman
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Trade help - Giving up too much for Braun?

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:33 am

Yceman wrote:Hey guys, it's Year 6 of a 16-team keeper league and I'm trying to consolidate my roster since I can only keep 5 guys. My plan is to offer Konerko, Beltre, and my 1st round pick (6th round) next year for Braun. I would be getting a few lesser players back in Rolen and Niese while also giving up Gallardo.

My other keepers are Fielder, Kemp, Weeks, and Votto. I'd like to get a 2-for-1 to get Braun since I'd have a hard time choosing between Konerko and Beltre as my 5th keeper next year. Am I giving up too much?

Thanks in advance!

I have never been in a league allowing the trading of draft picks, so my advice should be taken with a grain of salt. I would make that offer in a heartbeat. Konerko is good but Beltre is overrated, imo. I'm a firm believer in negotiations and suggest you offer a third round draft pick first, and hope he compromises with a second round. Worse case scenario is you end up settling for the first rounder, which was what you were willing to give up anyways.

Help with my Prince trade? viewtopic.php?t=434987
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby High cheese » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:50 am

Outside of maybe Gallardo I see no keeper value with the others you are giving up. Konerko and Beltre have been proving everyone wrong this year but to get a top 5 player I would still do this deal. Probably see if he can give you a better pitcher though.
C-Santana
1B-Gonzalez
2B-Uggla
3B-Zimmerman
SS-Reyes
OF-Hamilton/Beltran/McCutchen
Util-Heyward/MCab/Berkman
Bench-Dom Brown/Moustakas/Aybar

SP-Halladay/Sabathia/Beckett/Shields/Hamels/Peavy
RP-Marmol/Paplebon/Valverde/League/Feliz
High cheese
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bginda2g » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:41 am

I would do this trade. My league is similar and the best strategy I think is consolidating good players to lesser teams for a great one like you did.

Sure you overpaid slightly, but it doesn't matter, the 5 keeper restriction it what really counts.
bginda2g
College Coach
College Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mpieco » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:32 am

Whenever you can trade players you aren't keeping to get a player you will keep, that is a good trade for you.

Also, don't worry about trading Gallardo, his name is better than his stats. He is not much better than a #3 Fantasy SP right now.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dannahann » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:55 am

Great deal for you IMO. Not sure why the other guy would trade away one of the top keepers available for that but it's worth a shot to try. My longtime league is similar to yours except it's possible to keep more than five (or less). After fielding many big offers for Braun all season, I was finally swayed to trade him a couple weeks ago. I wouldn't have traded him for what you are offering but it doesn't hurt to try. I was able to get Pedroia, Lincecum, Victorino, Brantley, Bryce Harper and a waiver priority upgrade for Braun Wallace and Des Jennings. We do have special rook keeper rules so I'll likely be able to keep (and use) Harper for free through 2014 or possibly even 2015. This package should all but ensure I win this year. I have won this league several times in the past but it's been 4 years since my last championship there. The title and harper were enough to trade Braun.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 40)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions