I think my team is STACKED... but in 3rd place. WHIR!!!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I think my team is STACKED... but in 3rd place. WHIR!!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I think my team is STACKED... but in 3rd place. WHIR!!!!!!

Postby OL JIM JAM » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:29 pm

12 team h2h 5x5 yahoo league

C: Alex Avila
1B: Paul Konerko
2B: Rickie Weeks
3B: Kevin Youkilis
SS: Hanley Ramirez
OF: Jose Bautista
OF: Mike Stanton
OF: Jeff Francouer
BN: Jason Heyward
BN: Kelly Johnson

SP: Jered Weaver
SP: Chris Carpenter
RP: Fernando Salas
RP: Kyle Farnsworth
P: Bobby Parnell
P: Gio Gonzalez
P: Ian Kennedy
P: Brandon Beachy
BN: Tim Hudson
BN: Anibal Sanchez
BN: Alexi Ogando
DL: Erik Bedard

I've been trying to trade Heyward/Johnson/etc. to upgrade my 3rd OF, but nobody is biting. I think a couple people in the league have stopped paying attention to the league.

I've made some very good FA pickups of late. I've sort of given up on saves for the most part, the first place team has 6 closers. I had Capps but dumped him last week after his multiple blowups. now I'm thinking of trying to trade some of my depth for a stud closer if I can, but it's very difficult in this league, nobody seems interested in trading. I don't think a single deal has been made this season.

so uhhhh I guess rate my team or something O:-)
OL JIM JAM
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I think my team is STACKED... but in 3rd place. WHIR!!!!

Postby Zain1two3 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:12 am

i'm glad you dropped capps, because so have the twins! (from the closing role anyway). Pick up Nathan instead then? He's posted 4 out 4 saves.

I have had a similar problem to you in my league where nobody wants to trade unless its GROSSLY in their favour...so i've been very active on the free agent market.

I had heyward but he was so sh*t for me I considered dumping him..i got lucky and traded him for Romero but I would have dumped him for a free agent - i suggest you do the same - we are far enough in to the season to drop the no-show's who should have had good years...

hitters to pick up? tough one...not many out there..try Reddick of Boston..he's been quite hot and he's getting playing time in the STACKED boston lineup..he'l lget runs and rbis a plenty!

i think you could do better in speed, go pick up brett gardner if he is available! he is now the yankees leadoff hitter after being the 9th hitter all season long...and he is hitting .315 or more (can't remember exact number) since June.

help with mine please

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=435480
Zain1two3
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team