GIRL needing keeper league advice! Please read and help! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

GIRL needing keeper league advice! Please read and help!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: GIRL needing keeper league advice! Please read and help!

Postby plapre3 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:16 pm

DLRBusiness wrote:did you ever find out how many keepers you could keep? you should probably find that out before you make any moves.

and if that tulo trade requires you give up bautista for tulo and maybe someone else on his team i would do it

We can keep between 5 and 10 players and all minors. Every keeper after 5 you lose a draft pick.
plapre3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DLRBusiness » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:12 pm

ok so in an ideal world, you would have good enough players to keep 10 major leaguers and whatever minors you think will do good. so take 10 players, cut that number in half, and double it!

lol who does this guy with tulo have on his roster? i have tulo on my keeper league too, got him for a pitcher called kevin slowey a few yrs ago, when tulo was struggling and slowey had probably the most wins in the league even though his era probbaly wasnt the best and he was hurt soon afterwards. back to you, reyes is good now, but he's not as consistent as tulo. but if the offer is good.. what's the guy with reyes' lineup too? and then i won't bother you so much. i like to analyze.
DLRBusiness
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby plapre3 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:22 pm

Alrighty, here are their rosters:

The guy with Tulo has the following roster.
Hitting - G Soto, R Hernandez (R), H Conger (M), T Helton, D Uggla, O Infante, A Rodriguez (R), T Tulowitzki, B Gardner, M Bourn, R Ludwick, S Victorino (R), G Sanchez, Derrek Lee (R)
Pitching - A.J. Burnett, B Chen, C Carrasco, C Morton, M Cain, E Volquez (R), J Santana (R), S Baker (R), R Oswalt (I), A Ogando, H Bell, J Isringhausen, K Wood, R Soriano (R)
Minors - I Nova (M), M Banuelos (M), T Beckham (M)

The guy with Reyes has:
Hitting - R Martin, A.J. Pierzynski (R), P Konerko, B Zobrist, O Hudson (I), J Peralta, M Tejada (R), J Reyes, E Aybar (R), J Werth, J Pierre, N Swisher, J Gomes (R), D Ortiz, J Uribe (R)
Pitching - C Carpenter, F Garcia, J Verlander, M Latos, U Jimenez, B Colon (R), J Blanton (R), T Scheppers (R), B Lyon, J Johnson, J Soria, K Farnsworth, D Aardsma (I)
Minors - B Webb (M), J Parker (M), F Freeman (M)

I offered him Ryan Howard, Jed Lowrie, Jonathon Niese, Mike Minor, Kyle Gibson for Reyes, though no biting yet.
plapre3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DLRBusiness » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:36 pm

those guys with tulo and reyes, their teams are void of any other great young, offensive players besides their ss, so u can't really get the ideal two for one deal.

that first offer that you got. since he wants bautista enough to offer you a trade i would offer him bautista and cabrera for j upton, fielder and hanley ramirez. and then shop r howard and philips and garcia and pence around for a 2b like kinsler, pedroia or cano.

or offer cabreara for tulo or reyes or thirdly h ramirez. if worse comes to worse, i would offer bautista for tulo either alone or ask for cain too.
DLRBusiness
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions