How well does Google know you? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

How well does Google know you?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: How well does Google know you?

Postby bleach168 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:41 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:It's clear that Google isn't trying to take over Facebook's market. They are different products. Facebook is about who you are. Who is in your network and how they are connected: It's basically pictures, basic personal chats/wall posts - to the point that it's replacing email.

Google+ is more about what you think. It's more about sharing videos, links/thoughts. Kind of like Twitter with a better GUI that doesn't have a 140 character limit and that allows people to make comments directly rather.

Facebook is for my real life family and friends

Google+ is for the people I find common ground on from around the world about politics/religion/sports whatever.

I don't think Google+ is looking replace Facebook's core as being a picture repository, and I think the current focus of Google+ is a far more power value proposition.

Ok, now I'm interested. Anyone got an invite?
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:11 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:It's clear that Google isn't trying to take over Facebook's market. They are different products. Facebook is about who you are. Who is in your network and how they are connected: It's basically pictures, basic personal chats/wall posts - to the point that it's replacing email.

I think you are selling the intent and capabilities of G+ way short. The design of circles absolutely positions G+ to compete directly with Facebook (as well as Twitter / Tumblr / LinkedIn / Flickr / etc).

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:20 pm

bleach168 wrote:Ok, now I'm interested. Anyone got an invite?

PM me your email.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby john969 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:56 am

I'm a doofus
john969
T-Ball Trainer

Previous

Return to General Talk