Did I make a good trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Did I make a good trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Did I make a good trade?

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:33 pm

I am rebuilding in my dynasty league, mired in last place.

I trade Chase Utley

I receive: Gordon Beckham, Starlin Castro, Jesus Montero, Aaron Crow, Alexi Ogando

I drop: John Buck, Casey Mcgehee, Carlos Gomez, Brett Myers

On a scale of 1-10, how did I do? Honesty please.
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Did I make a good trade?

Postby mhuhn23 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:58 pm

Mateo de Lorenzo wrote:I am rebuilding in my dynasty league, mired in last place.

I trade Chase Utley

I receive: Gordon Beckham, Starlin Castro, Jesus Montero, Aaron Crow, Alexi Ogando

Does the full roster carry over for your dynasty? Either way, I think you win this trade with a 10. I like Utley but he isn't going to be a fantasy stud. He's 32 years old now, so he should have a few more productive years ahead of him. I just feel like the return of young talent you are getting is too much to turn down. I can't see why the other guy would deal Castro or Montero, let alone Ogando in a dynasty...but you also get Crow and Beckham. That is a very nice return in my opinion. Montero and Castro have the potential to be fantasy studs at very shallow positions. I saw in your other post that C has been a big problem for your team. This move would solve that and then some.

In my dynasty league I was using Braun to get McCutchen. The offer I sent to him was declined, and he countered with a straight up 1 for 1, but he'd get my next year 2nd and I'd get his 5th. Yeah...pretty much calling Braun a piece of crap if you ask me. Wish a nice offer like yours would pop up for me haha.
mhuhn23
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:37 am

mhuhn23 wrote:
Mateo de Lorenzo wrote:I am rebuilding in my dynasty league, mired in last place.

I trade Chase Utley

Does the full roster carry over for your dynasty? Either way, I think you win this trade with a 10. I like Utley but he isn't going to be a fantasy stud. He's 32 years old now, so he should have a few more productive years ahead of him. I just feel like the return of young talent you are getting is too much to turn down. I can't see why the other guy would deal Castro or Montero, let alone Ogando in a dynasty...but you also get Crow and Beckham. That is a very nice return in my opinion. Montero and Castro have the potential to be fantasy studs at very shallow positions. I saw in your other post that C has been a big problem for your team. This move would solve that and then some.

In my dynasty league I was using Braun to get McCutchen. The offer I sent to him was declined, and he countered with a straight up 1 for 1, but he'd get my next year 2nd and I'd get his 5th. Yeah...pretty much calling Braun a piece of crap if you ask me. Wish a nice offer like yours would pop up for me haha.

Thanks for writing. I greatly appreciate. Normally when I get a trade proposal I bring it to the Cafe for input because I am new to fantasy and a rookie at dynasty and don't wanna screw up. But in this case, I knew I had to jump fast before he changed his mind.

Yes, the full roster carries over next year. Well, as much of it as I would like to carry over. The we all start drafting from the first round.

Not sure why the guy would trade Castro or Montero either. He has Weiters at catcher and Jose Reyes at SS, so I guess he decided they were expendable. With Ogando, it seems a lot of people think he is a fluke. Maybe he is, but I will take that gamble. Yeah, C has been my biggest issue this year in a lot of my leagues. I need to re-evaluate that issue later. LOL. Montero definitely helps in this case though for the forseeable future.

Yeah, it is nice when a nice trade like this pops up once in a while. He has such a deep team (currently first place by 16 games (47 ahead of me) so in reality he can afford it. I mean, he has Verlander, King Felix, Hamels, Gallardo and Liriano still. That isn't even counting his four other SP, plus he has Kimbrel, Axford, Capps, and C. Perez as closers.
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:38 am

Nice deal and you cut 'crap' from your team. No harm there.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2062)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions