I'm in a deep NL only league, and have a trade on the table, that I'm considering.
* NL Only
* 12 team
* 4 x 4 Roto Scoring (no Runs scored, no Strikeouts, other categories standard)
* Keeper league (based on laundry list of long-term contract rules, etc.)
I'd be giving up: Seth Smith ($6) & either (a) Edinson Volquez ($10) or (b) Dustin Mosely ($1)
I'd be getting: Nyjer Morgan ($5) & Jair Jurrjens ($10)
Notes before my questions:
1) Smith is on the last year of his contract, so I'd be losing him at the end of this year anyway
2) I realize Jurrjens is "overperforming" a bit (sell-high name), but K's aren't part of this league, and I need Wins to catch the 1st place
3) Currently in 2nd Place, if I can climb a few Roto positions in Wins (in the 2nd half), I have a legitimate shot at winning. (ERA and WHIP aren't a concern for me, as I'm stacked with Hamels, Lincecum, and others)
1) Is it a good trade for me? (I think so, I'm more unsure about Question #2)
2) Which would you offer to him: Volquez or Mosely?
***Pros for Volquez (probably more wins (which is what I need most THIS YEAR)in Cincy & more long-term Potential)
***Pros for Mosely (better pitching park, lower ERA & WHIP (even though that doesn't really effect me this year), and perhaps better keeper value because I have him at $1 (as opposed to Volquez's $10 price))
Any help would be greatly appreciated!