Seth Smith or Daniel Murphy? WHIR 100% - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Seth Smith or Daniel Murphy? WHIR 100%

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Seth Smith or Daniel Murphy? WHIR 100%

Postby tailgate13 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:01 pm

D murph. just hit a hr off verlander today and multiple position eligible
tailgate13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TrippySG » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:16 pm

Thanks for the help with mine, and now for my 2 cents...

Daniel Murphy is definately valuable, I love the position flexibility and the mini surges he has, but I feel like he has no place on a fantasy baseball champions team. Ride him while hes hot, sure, but is this a guy you could see making your final roster of the season? I sure dont. I like Seth Smith here for a couple reasons. Playing time aside, I think he has more upside and has more realistic chances of seeing it come to fruition in his current circumstance. I think if Daniel Murphy ever becomes the hitter people thought he would 5 yrs ago, it will not be in the same uniform. If you really need the fexibilty go with Murphy, but do you REALLY need him? If you think he will provide at 2B better than Uggla going forward I will have to disagree. While Uggla has shown the ability to be the best power hitting 2B in baseball, Murphy has hardly any credentials in that department, and I think going forward Uggla is the guy you play at 2B more often than not. I think Smith has better potential this yr, and since he is now getting time against lefties more often, will only improve his numbers as it goes.
TrippySG
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ATLbraves » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:23 pm

TrippySG wrote:Thanks for the help with mine, and now for my 2 cents...

Daniel Murphy is definately valuable, I love the position flexibility and the mini surges he has, but I feel like he has no place on a fantasy baseball champions team. Ride him while hes hot, sure, but is this a guy you could see making your final roster of the season? I sure dont. I like Seth Smith here for a couple reasons. Playing time aside, I think he has more upside and has more realistic chances of seeing it come to fruition in his current circumstance. I think if Daniel Murphy ever becomes the hitter people thought he would 5 yrs ago, it will not be in the same uniform. If you really need the fexibilty go with Murphy, but do you REALLY need him? If you think he will provide at 2B better than Uggla going forward I will have to disagree. While Uggla has shown the ability to be the best power hitting 2B in baseball, Murphy has hardly any credentials in that department, and I think going forward Uggla is the guy you play at 2B more often than not. I think Smith has better potential this yr, and since he is now getting time against lefties more often, will only improve his numbers as it goes.

Thanks for your input, cause thats exactly what I have been thinking. I guess I am going to give it another week or so and see how Smith pans out and see if Uggla can continue his improved plate discipline. He has finally been taking more pitches and his hitting has improved.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tailgate13 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:10 pm

would you mind taking a look at my post in the same forum: Lots of prospects on my keeper league roster? thx
tailgate13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions