Which set of Keepers is stronger? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Which set of Keepers is stronger?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Which set of Keepers is stronger?

Postby cs3 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:06 am

tommo wrote:Miggy
Lincy
Bautista
Upton
Elsbury

Starlin
Strasburg
Pineda
I like that list, and seems like the best balance of Hitters/Pitchers and picks spread out over the entire draft to set myself up for several years.

The one thing im still struggling with, is whether i really need to keep anyone in the 2nd round... it would be great to lock Timmy in outright, but i should have the first pick in the 2nd round (draft goes in reverse order of regular season final standings and im currently crushing everyone = last pick in round 1, 1st pick in round 2), and i really dont see anyone dropping a first round keeper. Worst case scenario is that someone drops their first rounder, drafts Timmy with that pick, and i have a choice of Holliday, Lester, or whoever they dropped (worst 1st rounders are Arod, Cargo, and Hanley and id be happy with any of those. but i really expect every single one to be kept)
Also, either Fielder or Ryan Zimmerman will be available because they are owned by the same team in the same round, so he must cut one of them.

another thing is, if i keep Lincecum this year, i will have to drop him after next season (because he will move up to 1st round status and i can only keep 1 first rounder per year). But if i cut him, and manage to redraft him, then i can also keep him the following year as well (because when players go back in the draft their keeper status resets)... which would be a nice bonus because it would allow to keep either Granderson, Youk, Hosmer, or Beachy
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tailgate13 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:28 am

Option C looks like a good mix. Your getting solid power, stolen bases, and starting pitching that are all in their prime.
tailgate13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Which set of Keepers is stronger?

Postby tommo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:44 am

cs3 wrote:
Lincy
Bautista
Upton
Elsbury

Starlin
Strasburg
Pineda
I like that list, and seems like the best balance of Hitters/Pitchers and picks spread out over the entire draft to set myself up for several years.

The one thing im still struggling with, is whether i really need to keep anyone in the 2nd round... it would be great to lock Timmy in outright, but i should have the first pick in the 2nd round (draft goes in reverse order of regular season final standings and im currently crushing everyone = last pick in round 1, 1st pick in round 2), and i really dont see anyone dropping a first round keeper. Worst case scenario is that someone drops their first rounder, drafts Timmy with that pick, and i have a choice of Holliday, Lester, or whoever they dropped (worst 1st rounders are Arod, Cargo, and Hanley and id be happy with any of those. but i really expect every single one to be kept)
Also, either Fielder or Ryan Zimmerman will be available because they are owned by the same team in the same round, so he must cut one of them.

another thing is, if i keep Lincecum this year, i will have to drop him after next season (because he will move up to 1st round status and i can only keep 1 first rounder per year). But if i cut him, and manage to redraft him, then i can also keep him the following year as well (because when players go back in the draft their keeper status resets)... which would be a nice bonus because it would allow to keep either Granderson, Youk, Hosmer, or Beachy

In that case I think I'd keep Granderson out of those 4. He should keep this up over a few seasons with his new swing in that park. I guess that would solidify your OF with JUpton, Ellsbury, and him.
I'd rank them Granderson, Beachy, Hosmer, Youk.
tommo
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 17)

Postby cs3 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:09 am

anyone else have any input?

ill be happy to help you out as well of you leave me a link
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:05 am

tommo wrote:
cs3 wrote:
Lincy
Bautista
Upton
Elsbury

Starlin
Strasburg
Pineda

In that case I think I'd keep Granderson out of those 4. He should keep this up over a few seasons with his new swing in that park. I guess that would solidify your OF with JUpton, Ellsbury, and him.
I'd rank them Granderson, Beachy, Hosmer, Youk.

I think you should definitely try and find a way to keep Beachy. He has an amazing strike-out rate and looks like he is going to be a great keeper pick. I dont like Youk very much, but I wouldnt blame you for wanting to keep Hosmer or Granderson either.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?t=434507

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions