Digital Music Organization - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Digital Music Organization

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Digital Music Organization

Postby jfg » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:27 pm

In my case, I'm an albums guy and very rarely listen to singles.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 86)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:25 pm

knapplc wrote:I have been scouring my music collection for over a year trying to load up my 4GB MP3 player. After combing lists of old music (to remember what I like, but haven't heard in a while), and poring over my dusty old CD collection, I've come up with a grand total of 384 songs that I like and will listen to whenever they come up on shuffle.

I cannot imagine having 1,000 songs that I'm willing to listen to, let alone 12,000. Nor can I possibly imagine having the time to listen to them often enough. 12K songs is roughly 31 days worth of music. Even if you listen to music eight hours a day it'll take you three months to listen to each song, played once, at eight hours a day.

Do you really like all 12k of those songs, or are those just all the songs from all the artists you like, and you actually only listen to a select few?

well... I mentioned that I have about 1300 songs that are rated 4 stars or better. and only songs rated 4 stars or better get put on playlists of any sort.

I do like to have all the other songs for a few reasons. 1) I often like to listen to full albums. so I like to have the full album available, even though more than half of the songs will never end up on a playlist. 2) I have a bunch of crap on there that I will never listen to, like lady gaga, but are on there for the purpose that if my ipod is being used in a social situation (on a boat for expampe), the girls like that crap and I like to have it available. 3) I have a bunch of music that I've never listened to, but has been recommended to me. If I'm in the mood to explore new music, i have to look no further than my own iPod.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:42 pm

I have replaced the need for any stored files with customized Pandora stations. I like "randomly" occurring events that are suited to my interests.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jfg » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:03 pm

urbanbreez wrote:I have replaced the need for any stored files with customized Pandora stations. I like "randomly" occurring events that are suited to my interests.

I've basically replaced my need for stored files with streaming music via Mog. However, when iCloud comes out I will be using those stored files again. I think Pandora is a cool thing but I like listening to full albums and try to listen to any new albums that intrigue me. There was a time where I used to listen to 10-20 new albums a week but I just don't have the time for that anymore- but I still get around to 2-3.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby bleach168 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:31 pm

Amazon is now offering unlimited storage for $20 a year. Now works with iPads.

http://www.bgr.com/2011/07/06/amazon-up ... eb-player/
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Previous

Return to General Talk