Cargo-Crawford: Do Trade A, B, or C? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Cargo-Crawford: Do Trade A, B, or C? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cargo-Crawford: Do Trade A, B, or C? WHIR

Postby sigriffey » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:39 pm

I can keep Cargo one more year but probably won't. Crawford is in his walk year as a keeper. We only keep 6 per year. Do one of these trades?

Trade A:
I give: Cargo and Dempster
I get: Crawford and Romero

Trade B:
I give: Cargo and Jordan Walden
I get: Crawford and Mariano Rivera

Trade C:
I give: Cargo and Bud Norris
I get: Crawford and Romero

12 Team H2H. We Keep 6 Players Season to Season, each for 3 years max. * means contract year

Stat Cats: R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG -- IP, CG, W, L, ER, ERA, K, SV, WHIP

MY TEAM:

C A. Avila
1B P. Fielder
2B D. Pedroia
3B A. Rodriguez
SS H. Ramirez
OF C. Gonzalez
OF J. Ellsbury
OF M. Brantley
UT Mig. Cabrera
UT E. Hosmer
UT T. Hunter
BN J. Loney
BN D. Jennings
DL I. Davis
DL D. Young

SP R. Halladay
SP F. Hernandez
SP Z. Greinke*
RP J. Walden
RP S. Santos
P Y. Gallardo
P T. Hanson
P T. Cahill
BN W. Rodriguez
BN R. Dempster
BN B. Norris
DL S. Strasburg
Last edited by sigriffey on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do Trade A, B, or C? WHIR

Postby KnuckleBallah » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:49 pm

Trade A, easy imo. Ricky Ro just coming into his prime gonna be an ace for years to come! Dempster is gettin old.
KnuckleBallah
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: Cargo-Crawford: Do Trade A, B, or C? WHIR

Postby BigW27 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Do trade B...You need a closer and there's no one better than Mo. You have 3 great SP's already.
BigW27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sigriffey » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:28 pm

I'm playing up rthe fact that Carl is hurt and he does it all with his legs. If he would take it, should I do this?

Cargo, walden and Norris (or Dempster) for his Crawford, Mariano and Romero.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic

Postby JJGBPD » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:34 am

Jump all over the last 3-man option you listed. If not, I would grab Mariano too so you have one dominant closer.
JJGBPD
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rjforlife » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:39 am

I'm torn on the issue because of keeper status. Your OP makes it sound like this is a one year deal for Crawford/Cargo, and if that is the case, their value ends up being fairly similar. I would favor Car-go if you were keeping him one more year but I guess since it's only 1 more year you are going to let him walk? That being the case, I would easily favor Romero and MO for this season and beyond, and would heavily favor Norris over Dempster, again assuming just for this season. Norris is going to have an occasional hiccup now and then, but week in and week out, he is going to give you dominant numbers across all relevant categories. Then again, with only 6 keepers, I don't fully see how anyone in this trade is a keeper, and for the rest of the season on, I favor Cargo over Crawford, Romero over Demptser, and MO over Walden. It's a slight edge overall, but if you are 100% on not keeping Cargo, then it's a go.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Postby sigriffey » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:48 am

rjforlife wrote:I'm torn on the issue because of keeper status. Your OP makes it sound like this is a one year deal for Crawford/Cargo, and if that is the case, their value ends up being fairly similar. I would favor Car-go if you were keeping him one more year but I guess since it's only 1 more year you are going to let him walk? That being the case, I would easily favor Romero and MO for this season and beyond, and would heavily favor Norris over Dempster, again assuming just for this season. Norris is going to have an occasional hiccup now and then, but week in and week out, he is going to give you dominant numbers across all relevant categories. Then again, with only 6 keepers, I don't fully see how anyone in this trade is a keeper, and for the rest of the season on, I favor Cargo over Crawford, Romero over Demptser, and MO over Walden. It's a slight edge overall, but if you are 100% on not keeping Cargo, then it's a go.

Right now, I feel like my 6 keepers would probably be: Prince, Cabrera, Hanley (let's be honest, this is a bit TBD), Ellsbury, Halladay and Felix.

I know it might seem silly to keep Ellsbury over Cargo, but I have Ells under contract thru 2013 if I want whereas Cargo can't be kept past the end of the 2012 season. Hanson is a tempting keeper, but I probably only keep 2 SPs to make sure i carry over a strong offense.

The thinking behind this deal would be to leverage Crawford's injury situation with this owner's impending trip to italy for two weeks. He doesn't want to have a bunch of DLed guys but he's getting hit hard with injuries and it would be good for him to leave with healthy guys in the lineup since he wont touch the team for 2 weeks. If I'm gonna take on that risk, I want to make sure it's worth upgrading Dempster to Romero AND/OR Walden to Mariano.

What say you?
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions