Three FA questions, WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Three FA questions, WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Three FA questions, WHIR

Postby Tis » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:39 pm

10 team league, but with extra MI/CI/OF/OF.
5x5, roto, re-draft. Have used 28 of 50 moves for the season.

1. Currently running with Mousuckass at 3B with Wright out. Is it worth dropping him for Freese or McGehee, just till Wright returns?

2. I've decided to dispose of the lifeless carcass that once was Brandon Webb, those rehab starts have not been going well. Since I have more injured players than DL spots, he's taking up valuable bench space. I think I want a spare OF, since there's always somebody not playing between Bruce/Cruz/Beltran/Huff/Bourn. Bernadina is available, but probably not for long, or I could spend some waiver $ on Vernon Wells who got dropped right as he started to turn things around.

3. Justin Turner at MI. Currently he's outperformed Hosmer ( :-? ) But, options include Jemile Weeks and Alcides Escobar. Not much power available on the wire there till Allen Craig comes back.

In all cases, my priority is Average/Power followed by RBI/R. SB is largely irrelevant given teams current positions. Thoughts?
Tis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Three FA questions, WHIR

Postby rjforlife » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:37 pm

Tis wrote:10 team league, but with extra MI/CI/OF/OF.
5x5, roto, re-draft. Have used 28 of 50 moves for the season.

1. Currently running with Mousuckass at 3B with Wright out. Is it worth dropping him for Freese or McGehee, just till Wright returns? I really like Freese, and when he hits the DL again, you can just find someone else.

2. I've decided to dispose of the lifeless carcass that once was Brandon Webb, those rehab starts have not been going well. Since I have more injured players than DL spots, he's taking up valuable bench space. I think I want a spare OF, since there's always somebody not playing between Bruce/Cruz/Beltran/Huff/Bourn. Bernadina is available, but probably not for long, or I could spend some waiver $ on Vernon Wells who got dropped right as he started to turn things around. I'm not on board with Bernadina, Wells is worth a few bucks but don't get crazy.

3. Justin Turner at MI. Currently he's outperformed Hosmer ( :-? ) But, options include Jemile Weeks and Alcides Escobar. Not much power available on the wire there till Allen Craig comes back. With SBs not important, Weeks/Alcides do nothing for you. I would stick with Turner for the time being but Craig is the man when he gets back.

In all cases, my priority is Average/Power followed by RBI/R. SB is largely irrelevant given teams current positions. Thoughts?

Help

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=434087&p=3421853#p3421853
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions