Crawford and Latos for Fielder and Beachy (whir always) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Crawford and Latos for Fielder and Beachy (whir always)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Crawford and Latos for Fielder and Beachy (whir always)

Postby CyboNinja » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:01 am

12 team H2H 6x6 (OPS, QS) keep any 7 players each year.

Carl Crawford and Mat Latos or Prince Fielder and Brandon Beachy.
Which side of this trade would you rather be on? Also if its not too much trouble please leave me a small explanation about why you like the two you do and a link so I and return the favor.
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 96)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Crawford and Latos for Fielder and Beachy (whir always)

Postby dannahann » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:30 am

From a keeper perspective, neither SP really matters. Both are at best bubble keeps in your league so the deal (again from a keeper perspective) is all about the hitters. Prince is a strong OPS contributor but no one knows where he'll sign next season. Crawford will likely be a beast as he continues to adjust to Boston but he does have the hammy thing right now. Still the hitters are commensurate, BUT they are so different in the cats they fill that your choice of sides depends almost entirely on the makeup of your other six keepers.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Woolly the Mammoth » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:36 am

I agree with dannahann, it all depends of the makeup of your other keepers. All things being equal though I'm going with Fielder.

Help with mine? http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=433914
Woolly the Mammoth
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CyboNinja » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:18 am

dannahann wrote: Crawford will likely be a beast as he continues to adjust to Boston but he does have the hammy thing right now.
Do you really think so? I traded for him right as the season started and I gave up a lot to get him and have obviously been majorly disappointed. My biggest concern with him is his 8 steals. Without all the steals his value goes down dramatically. I fear that his hamstring issue may be what has kept him from putting up the monster speed numbers hes shown through his career.

Votto is my everyday 1B but we do have 2 Util spots. Prince would obviously take one of those everyday. My team desperately needs power (Matt Joyce leads my team with 10) and this team sits currently in 2nd from last place overall.

PS thanks for the help, very much appreciated. Also poasted feedback.
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 96)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions