Which trade? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Which trade? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which trade? WHIR

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:29 am

12 team 6x6 h2h league. Std cats with OPS and Holds added.

Here is my team:

C Chris Ianetta
1B Kevin Youkilis
2B Brandon Phillips
3B Justin Turner
SS Alexei Ramirez
IF Jamey Carroll
LF Brett Gardner
CF Matt Kemp
RF Andre Ethier
OF Shin Soo-Choo
U BJ Upton
U Carlos Lee
BN Chris Young, Matt Laporta
DL David Wright, Ike Davis

SP: Madison Bumgarner, Clayton Kershaw, Roy Oswalt, Wandy Rodriguez, John Danks, Michael Pineida, Carl Pavano, Alex Cobb, Brian Duensing,
RP: Drew Storen, Joel Hanrahan, Tony Sipp, Jose Veras, Jamey Wright, Matt Reynolds
DL: Joe Nathan

I will spare the logistics, but which trade is better for me?

1) Bumgarner, Pineida, and Ike Davis for Fielder
2) Youkilis and <insert middle reliever here> for Fielder

Thanks.
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which trade? WHIR

Postby dannahann » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:08 am

In a vacuum either deal is very good to get a stud like Prince. Given your roster I don't like either. Oswalt's back is acting up again and your starting pitching was thin to begin with so you don't really have the pitching to do deal 1. The Youk trade is also good but not for your lineup. You really need to find a way to retain Youk and play him at 3B while also getting Prince. Assuming he was willing to take deal 1, is there any chance he'd bite if you replaced one of the SP (preferably Pineda) with another bat? Losing Carlos Lee or CB Young wouldn't hurt you at all if you were adding prince.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:24 am

dannahann wrote:In a vacuum either deal is very good to get a stud like Prince. Given your roster I don't like either. Oswalt's back is acting up again and your starting pitching was thin to begin with so you don't really have the pitching to do deal 1. The Youk trade is also good but not for your lineup. You really need to find a way to retain Youk and play him at 3B while also getting Prince. Assuming he was willing to take deal 1, is there any chance he'd bite if you replaced one of the SP (preferably Pineda) with another bat? Losing Carlos Lee or CB Young wouldn't hurt you at all if you were adding prince.

I forgot to mention this is a dynasty league. Sorry about that.

That being said, like I said in my original post, I would keep that short and to the point. Well, here are the details, for specifics.

The Youk/mid reliever for Fielder is pretty straight forward.

The other trade scenario is more complicated.

it is actually Bumgarner/Pineida/Davis for A-Rod/Scott Downs and then A-rod/Scott Downs for Fielder. So in essence is Bum/Pine/Ike for Fielder, like I put.

The manager with Fielder has Matt Cain I would try to include some how, but I don't have much faith in the Giants giving him run rupport.

The manager with A-Rod has Halladay who he is also trying to move for players to play in the future. Not sure if I could package enough to get him to trade Halladay too. Or, would it be better for me to focus on Halladay with prospects and then try to land the Youk for Fielder?

Thanks for the input. This is my first dynasty league and I dont want to do anything stupid.
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dannahann » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:40 am

The dynasty league changes everything. I'd jump all over the Youk/MR package for Prince. You'll scuffle a bit at 3B until Wright comes back but you are getting the better player and much younger too. You also retain Davis and the 2 young aces.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions