Trading Pujols (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trading Pujols (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trading Pujols (WHIR)

Postby SumG » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:03 pm

It's a 6x6 (OBP) H2H league. I'm in 8th place right now and lost Pujols, leaving me a big hole at 1B. I'm worried that if I don't make a move, by the time Pujols comes back I'll be too far out of contention to make the playoffs. I'm considering trading away Pujols for a 1B, but I'm not sure how much I should asking for. What value would you put on Pujols right now in terms of a 1B, assuming a 1-for-1 trade? Smoak? Moreland? Hosmer? Sanchez?

Leave a link and I'll try to help.
SumG
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trading Pujols (WHIR)

Postby donald17 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:23 pm

He's still top tier imo... I would simply wait for him to come back, but please don't trade him for any of those mentioned in your original post
donald17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Wiserman20 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:09 am

100% what the first reply said and read this article for further advice.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasybaseball/story/15256608/dear-mr-fantasy-surviving-a-world-without-pujols

Make sure you get at least a Tier 1 1B if you do decide to trade Pujols.

You are right in that you need help now, so go after a Fielder, Howard, Tex type. Chances are the top 1-3 teams have a couple strong 1b's that you could make a move on.

viewtopic.php?t=433942
Wiserman20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby tacobender44 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:14 pm

hey thanks for the help on my thread

there's a couple of factors involved here, (1) is this a keeper league? and (2) how many teams are in this league? If it is indeed a keeper league then his value is certainly higher and you should have no problem getting a deal that involves getting you an elite 1st base option. If not a keeper league, you should still be able to get some really good bats if you're that desperate. I would probably wait it out, though. there's no player like Pujols when he's on and he could definitely lift your team up once hes back from the DL.

Now depending on the number of teams in the league, and from the way you speak of it, you make it sound like there's 8 teams, then you should have no problem getting a good replacement on the free agent market, or teams who have two quality 1st basemen, like a previous poster said. In these cases, maybe you don't even have to trade away pujols, but can finagle a deal that gets you a really good replacement for trading away two lower tier guys.
tacobender44
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby FrunK » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:18 am

you guys dont know what you are talking about sorry to say. yes i do agree with the fact that you dont just trade away pujols for any garbage, but if you think ur gonna get tex, howard, fielder type 1B for pujols you must be out of your mind. You are in last place and what good is pujols gonna do for you when he comes back if you are not in the playoffs?? you have to make a move now before its too late. try to get a solid 1B AND another solid hitter or pitcher if thats what you need. i would probably go for 2 solid bats
FrunK
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby High cheese » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:24 pm

FrunK wrote:you guys dont know what you are talking about sorry to say. yes i do agree with the fact that you dont just trade away pujols for any garbage, but if you think ur gonna get tex, howard, fielder type 1B for pujols you must be out of your mind. You are in last place and what good is pujols gonna do for you when he comes back if you are not in the playoffs?? you have to make a move now before its too late. try to get a solid 1B AND another solid hitter or pitcher if thats what you need. i would probably go for 2 solid bats

Getting a top tier is not likely but either way you have to try and if it doesn't work then go to the next tier. Target guys like Youk, Lind, Kornerko or Vmart in the next tier. Gotta believe one of those guys can be had. Good luck!
C-Santana
1B-Gonzalez
2B-Uggla
3B-Zimmerman
SS-Reyes
OF-Hamilton/Beltran/McCutchen
Util-Heyward/MCab/Berkman
Bench-Dom Brown/Moustakas/Aybar

SP-Halladay/Sabathia/Beckett/Shields/Hamels/Peavy
RP-Marmol/Paplebon/Valverde/League/Feliz
High cheese
College Coach