1st Place $ Trade Uggla?? Plz Take a Look WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

1st Place $ Trade Uggla?? Plz Take a Look WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

1st Place $ Trade Uggla?? Plz Take a Look WHIR

Postby Wiserman20 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:37 am

I'm currently 1st in a big $ 10 team h2h points fantasy league. Points are typical (1pt for 1b, 2pt for 2b, -1 for K, etc)

I've been lucky to have a lot of big bats on my squad to be able to live with Uggla most of the year.
That being said, I have Zobrist and Cuddyer with 2b eligibility, and there's a team in the middle of the pack hurting at 2b.

* I'm also going to have to make a couple roster moves shortly with guys coming off DL

Here's my squad

C - K. Suzuki
1B - Miguel Cabrera
2B - Uggla
3B - Bautista
SS - Rollins
OF - Kemp
OF - Morrison
OF - Zobrist
UTIL - Melky Cabrera
UTIL - Alex Gordon
UTIL - Torii Hunter
UTIL - Cuddyer

Bench - Rajai Davis, C. McGehee, J.J Hardy, JP Arencibia
DL - Span, Jeter

His Squad
C Yadier Molina, StL C
1B Mark Teixeira, NYY 1B
2B Chone Figgins, Sea 2B, 3B - ** He has Brian Roberts on the DL with concussion
3B Aramis Ramirez, ChC 3B
SS Jose Reyes, NYM SS
OF Shane Victorino, Phi OF
OF Curtis Granderson, NYY OF
OF Carlos Lee, Hou OF, 1B
UTIL Ryan Howard, Phi 1B
UTIL Bobby Abreu, LAA OF, DH
UTIL Lance Berkman, StL 1B, OF, DH
UTIL Carlos Beltran, NYM OF

Bench Vernon Wells, LAA OF
Bench Miguel Tejada, SF SS, 3B

He has a few good OF'ers I'd like to add to my squad, but I doubt Uggla would be enough. Thoughts on trade offer?
Thanks to any comments. Leave a link WHIR.
Wiserman20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 1st Place $ Trade Uggla?? Plz Take a Look WHIR

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:45 am

I think you would be able to get Lee for Uggla, though you are probably selling low on Uggla for that...Victorino would be the golden egg of the ones you are interested in, though I am not sure you have enough to get him...Berkman would be nice too, but that all depends on how the owner perceived his value...in my league, the managers are dumb and think berkman is still a fluke...i own him and probably could not give him away...if that is true in your league, i would target him for sure...

help me?
viewtopic.php?t=433941
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)

Postby Wiserman20 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:58 am

CubsFan4Life23 wrote:I think you would be able to get Lee for Uggla, though you are probably selling low on Uggla for that...Victorino would be the golden egg of the ones you are interested in, though I am not sure you have enough to get him...Berkman would be nice too, but that all depends on how the owner perceived his value...in my league, the managers are dumb and think berkman is still a fluke...i own him and probably could not give him away...if that is true in your league, i would target him for sure...

help me?
viewtopic.php?t=433941

Thanks Cub I had posted on your's right when you posted on mine!
My league is full of agents, pro scouts, and ex ballplayers... so everyone is a student of the game.

That being said, that could help me sell Uggla on a big second half. I have depth to bench Uggla and hold on, but if I could get a Victorino or Berkman in a 2 for 1, that would probably seal the deal for me in 1st place. (1st place is roughly $600)

I could move Uggla and say Melky, Gordon, Span, Hunter.. maybe LoMo? Still not sure if that's enough to get Victorino or Berkman though..

Think Berkman holds up also?

Another target would be Beltran.. "healthy" and in a contract year.
Wiserman20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby rjforlife » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:52 pm

I would target Beltran. I like what he's doing this year and if his health holds, no reason he can't play well in the 2nd half as well. The value for Uggla/Beltran is similar enough that you can definitely make a deal there.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Postby Wiserman20 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:38 pm

I agree and like Beltran also especially in the contract year. Injury scares me with this guy, but he also wants to get paid...

Any deal you guys see here that a Victorino owner would go after (Uggla +2 OF'ers?), or no chance prying him away from a middle of the pack team?
Wiserman20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby rjforlife » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:22 pm

Wiserman20 wrote:I agree and like Beltran also especially in the contract year. Injury scares me with this guy, but he also wants to get paid...

Any deal you guys see here that a Victorino owner would go after (Uggla +2 OF'ers?), or no chance prying him away from a middle of the pack team?

Try Melky/Uggla. Victorino is awesome and hits in front of Utley/Howard, not a bad place to be.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Postby Wiserman20 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:44 am

rjforlife wrote:
Wiserman20 wrote:I agree and like Beltran also especially in the contract year. Injury scares me with this guy, but he also wants to get paid...

Try Melky/Uggla. Victorino is awesome and hits in front of Utley/Howard, not a bad place to be.

Thanks I have this on the table and the owner is chewing on it. Speaking of chew.. What do you think of the same offer for Choo?

Uggly + Melky for Choo (Buy Low)
Wiserman20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions