Tell me I'm not nuts for getting offended by this - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Tell me I'm not nuts for getting offended by this

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tell me I'm not nuts for getting offended by this

Postby Whosyomamma » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:49 pm

I'm in 1st by a lot, have the top offense and extra offense to boot. My pitching isn't half bad as I lead or am near the top in most of the important cats except for saves. Guy in my league who is very hard to trade with because he's always overvaluing his pitchers offers me J.Weaver for my Kershaw and Quentin...I told him that I'd be giving him Quentin for free as it's not that much of an upgrade or worth it for me to make that kind of trade. I turned it back to him and asked him if he would make that trade if he were in my position. Am I nuts???? To me Weaver maybe slightly better than Kershaw but not enough that I need to include Quentin. I'm trying to upgrade from Gallardo or A.Sanchez without having to give up my ace.

Here is my team:
Yahoo 10-team Std weekly points league(27-man roster - Start 1 each: C,1B,2B,3B,SS,IF,Util, 4-OF, 5-SP, and 2-RP lineups are weekly and NO DL spots):
C-McCann
1B-Konerko, J.Smoak
2B-N.Walker(3B), D.Uggla
3B-Longoria, P.Sandoval(1B)
SS-Tulowitzki, J.Peralta(3B)
OF-A.McCutcheon, C.Quentin, M.Bourn, C.Granderson, R.Davis, C.Hart, M.Morse(1B)
SP-C.Kershaw, T.Hanson, Y.Gallardo, J.Chacin, A.Sanchez, M.Garza, B.Beachy, B.Norris
RP-C.Marmol, J.Hanrahan, D.Storen

Here is his team (he has one of the worst performing offenses in the league):
C-C.Santana
1B-E.Hosmer, L.Berkman(OF)
2B-Utley, P.Polanco(3B)
3B-Youkilis(1B)
SS-D.Jeter, E.Nunez(3B)
OF-M.Holliday, A.Pagan, Me.Cabrera, L.Morrison, G.Sizemore
SP-R.Halladay, J.Weaver, C.Sabathia, J.Jurrjens, P.Humber, M.Latos, B.Morrow, J.Cueto, B.Colon, P.Hughes
RP-J.Papelbon, R.Madson, F.Salas
Whosyomamma
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tell me I'm not nuts for getting offended by this

Postby ahcryky » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:57 pm

Weaver may be better, but it wont be by much. I wouldn't even bother looking to trade with this team, because you are obviously not going to get anywhere. When there is another manager that thinks that every player on his team, no matter what they are doing, are studs, you will never get any value in a trade. Move on and know that his offer would have been heavily in his favor. I would send him Quentin and Garza for Pagan and Jurrjens/Humber, which I would look as fair, and see if he bites.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Whosyomamma » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:00 pm

Thanks ahcryky! That was exactly what I was thinking as was dealing with him...I offered him either Quentin or Hart straight up for Latos and he won't bite, believes that I'm not offering enough. :-t
Whosyomamma
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ahcryky » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:10 pm

Whosyomamma wrote:Thanks ahcryky! That was exactly what I was thinking as was dealing with him...I offered him either Quentin or Hart straight up for Latos and he won't bite, believes that I'm not offering enough. :-t

Exactly, if I had Latos and someone offered me Quentin straight up I would hit the accept button and so fast that he wouldn't have any time to think again about it.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions