Evaluating Pujols' Value WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Evaluating Pujols' Value WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Evaluating Pujols' Value WHIR

Postby bobnerns » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:52 pm

League info: 14-team, H2H, 5x5, non-keeper, 25-man roster with 3 bench spots.

I'm in first place and will almost assuredly make the playoffs (playoffs have 3 rounds, 2 weeks each round, starting after week 18). My strategy right now is looking to get top notch but injured players that will be relatively cheap and hopefully help out big time once playoffs come. Clearly, Pujols fits that mold perfectly as he will likely be out until our playoffs start.

My only concern when trying to trade for him is to not overpay. That's why I need some assistance evaluating his value in a trade right now. Given my roster, who should I offer?

C - Matt Wieters
1B - Mark Teixeira
2B - Brandon Phillips
3B - Mike Moustakas
SS - Asdrubal Cabrera
1B/3B - Paul Konerko
2B/SS - JJ Hardy
OF - Ryan Braun, Adam Jones, Michael Cuddyer, Coco Crisp, Logan Morrison
Utility - Eric Hosmer
Bench - David Wright (DL), Dustin Ackley, David Freese (DL)

SP - Cole Hamels, Yovani Gallardo, Max Scherzer, Jonathan Sanchez, Brett Myers, Kyle Lohse, Scott Baker, Josh Johnson (DL)
RP - Kyle Farnsworth, Sergio Santos

What combination of 2 or so players would be a decent offer that wouldn't really hurt me much? I can easily afford to lose Hosmer, Moustakas, Freese, Morrison, Hardy, Ackley, Lohse, Farnsworth, and Santos.

Leave your link.
bobnerns
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Evaluating Pujols' Value WHIR

Postby ahcryky » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:55 pm

All those players you listed, none of them, I don't care how many you offer, are going to get you Pujols.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bobnerns » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:05 pm

ahcryky wrote:All those players you listed, none of them, I don't care how many you offer, are going to get you Pujols.

I figure that as well, but I'm not comfortable giving up someone like Teixeira or even Konerko because it's not even a sure thing that Pujols will outperform either of them when he gets back (plus I'd obviously be losing out for 6 weeks).
bobnerns
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Millhouse » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:06 pm

no one's going to sell low on pujols even with his injury. they'll wait unless someone offers a tex or konerko (i sold tex to the pujols owner for reyes, as you know). of your group, it'd prob take konerko, assuming you don't wanna lose tex.
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 98)

Postby dannahann » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:38 pm

I wouldn't overpay in a non keeper league. That injury doesn't fit his swing well at all. I don't think he's going to be the real Albert Pujols until next year.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions