Veto? Miggy, HanRam trade WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Veto? Miggy, HanRam trade WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Veto? Miggy, HanRam trade WHIR

Postby lyons595 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:58 pm

Owner 1 is in dead last place and would give: Miguel Cabrera, Jimmy Rollins
Owner 2 is 6th overall in a tightly bunched group at the top. He gives: Hanley Ramirez, Josh Johnson, Seth Smith, Frank Francisco

With Hanley being so bad this year, and maybe hurt (not in lineup today) this starts to look like an unfair trade. Owner 2 would be getting the TWO best players in the trade! I know that at the start of the year nobody would think twice about this one, but now...I'm not sure. Not taking into account who is healthy and who is playing well would mean that we'd all drop Josh Beckett because he has been so bad the last few years. Or no one would have picked up CarGo last year because he'd never proven himself.

Thoughts???

ESPN, h2h, 16 team, 3 RP max, daily roster changes. Cats: standard 5x5 plus OBP, QS. Non-keeper.
lyons595
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 217)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Veto? Miggy, HanRam trade WHIR

Postby wazzeus » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:58 pm

Looks to me like Owner 1 is playing for next year, and that's fine. Despite Hanley's suckage to this point, he's still the more valuable commodity over Rollins. Smith and Francisco don't do much for me and are throw-ins.

It's not overtly lopsided, but I can see how it would be perceived that way by other contending owners. If these two owners have a history of scratch-my-back-I'll-scratch-yours-later funny business, that's another story.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lyons595 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:33 pm

There is no next year. Our league always re-drafts.
lyons595
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team

Postby ahcryky » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:00 pm

If this was a keeper league, I probably wouldn't think to bad of it. But, this being a redraft, I'm a little skeptical. If he needed pitching and Johnson was healthy, it would be okay. But, he's not,and he's giving up Hanley who is back, but not showing any signs that he's gonna come out of it. The other two players mean absolutely nothing in the deal, and looking at it, is owner 2's attempt to make it look better. Who does team 1 have to replace Cabrera? What does his staff look like? I don't like to put the veto tag on any trade, but this one does look pretty bad at this point. If the other team was trading the injured player with the top player in the deal it wouldn't look so bad, but this isn't the case.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby lyons595 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:13 pm

Owner 1 (giving Miggy) has Morneau to put in at 1B. But he's on the DL. And he's been pretty terrible this year. His SP is OK (J Sanchez, Pineda, Vargas, McClellan, Liriano).

To me, right now, Hanley is not very valuable. I wouldn't give up any of the top 9-10 1B to get him, let alone the No 2 rated 1B.

Truly, I don't think this is collusion. I just think its a DUMB trade. And I gues I can't veto a trade just cuz its bad. The veto, IMO, is to prevent unfair play. I just wish I would have asked for Cabrera first!!!
lyons595
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team

Postby ahcryky » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:18 pm

lyons595 wrote:Owner 1 (giving Miggy) has Morneau to put in at 1B. But he's on the DL. And he's been pretty terrible this year. His SP is OK (J Sanchez, Pineda, Vargas, McClellan, Liriano).

To me, right now, Hanley is not very valuable. I wouldn't give up any of the top 9-10 1B to get him, let alone the No 2 rated 1B.

Truly, I don't think this is collusion. I just think its a DUMB trade. And I gues I can't veto a trade just cuz its bad. The veto, IMO, is to prevent unfair play. I just wish I would have asked for Cabrera first!!!

And a lot of times that's why trades get vetoed, because other managers are jealous and wish they would have offered first. If there is no collusion going on, you have to let it go through, and smile..........
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dannahann » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:35 pm

Your league would veto THIS trade, are you kidding me? I guess it's because we do so many trades in our league and many of them are really imbalanced that I just don't get any concern over this particular trade. Hanley hasn't played well yet, that's true. But he has a pretty stellar track record as a top five fantasy asset. He's known to be a petulant little whiner so he could easily revert to the Hanley of old now that he successfully got his manager fired. Don't veto over jealousy.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby lefthandedforlife » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:58 pm

Jealousy? I am more than Jealous. This trade is crazy for a one year league. Keeper league, maybe but IMO this should be vetoed.

Pujols Help? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=433787
lefthandedforlife
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ahcryky » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:14 pm

lefthandedforlife wrote:Jealousy? I am more than Jealous. This trade is crazy for a one year league. Keeper league, maybe but IMO this should be vetoed.

No trade should be vetoed unless there is clear collusion...... Some people will make dumb trades, facts of life in fantasy.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dannahann » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:31 pm

lefthandedforlife wrote:Jealousy? I am more than Jealous. This trade is crazy for a one year league. Keeper league, maybe but IMO this should be vetoed.

Crazy? Why can't Hanley produce at his pre-season projected pace (or even better) for the remainder of the season? Hanley and JJ were probably that guy's 1st and 3rd picks in your draft, maybe even 1st and second in a 16 teamer. Who else, among the dissenters, offered up 2 of their top players to get Miggy? Don't you think a team supposedly on his way to the H2H playoffs might want JJ on his staff down the stretch? Why can't a last place team roll the dice and hope he hits it out of the park with two difference makers down the stretch instead of one. If he can somehow get into contention? It's early enough. I've seen last place clubs in early Aigust win roto leagues. H2H is SO MUCH easier to come from nowhere and flip the standings. How far out is he and why is he not allowed to try?
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions