RIP Ryan Dunn - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

RIP Ryan Dunn

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: RIP Ryan Dunn

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:48 pm

urbanbreez wrote:If you had 3 beers and 3 shots in the course of 4 hours, would you be drunk?

A better question: Would you be an absolute danger to those around you if you were going 110 MPH on the highway in that condition? I think we all know the answer to that.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby urbanbreez » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:52 pm

No, not sure exactly what he had. It's all speculation from TMZ so who knows. Maybe he had a bottle in the car. Until the toxicology report comes out it's impossible to say.

Just sayin, I could easily consume 3 beers and 3 shots over 4 hours and hardly feel intoxicated at all.

A better question: Would you be an absolute danger to those around you if you were going 110 MPH on the highway in that condition? I think we all know the answer to that.

It's not a better question if we already know the answer. And driving at that speed is retarded. I'm not saying it isn't.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:00 pm

Just sayin, I could easily consume 3 beers and 3 shots over 4 hours and hardly feel intoxicated at all.

Understood completely. That doesn't mean that the cops will agree with you. I have been "fine to drive" many times in the past where I bet a breathalizer would tell me otherwise.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:01 pm

urbanbreez wrote:If you had 3 beers and 3 shots in the course of 4 hours, would you be drunk?

according to the charts at my weight...no. i'd probably have to pound 12 drinks in an hour to get up to the reported 0.19% he was at
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby urbanbreez » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:

according to the charts at my weight...no. i'd probably have to pound 12 drinks in an hour to get up to the reported 0.19% he was at

I've seen you in a speedo. You can probably throw them back at an alarming rate. :-b and where did you hear that report?

According to the chart, I could have 4-5 drinks in 4 hours and be under the limit. That sounds about right to me. The rule of thumb for 180 - 210 lbs is one drink per hour...apparently.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Curtis Pride » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:23 pm

Lofunzo wrote:

Legally? Probably. I don't like dealing with speculation but are we certain that's all he had?

There is no way that Dunn had a BAC more than 2.5x the legal limit, at his size, with only 6 drinks in 4 hours. It's absolutely impossible.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby urbanbreez » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:58 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

Legally? Probably. I don't like dealing with speculation but are we certain that's all he had?

There is no way that Dunn had a BAC more than 2.5x the legal limit, at his size, with only 6 drinks in 4 hours. It's absolutely impossible.

Just saw the official report that he was twice the legal limit. Wow.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:44 pm

bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby DbacksRback » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:45 pm

Just read an article that my local paper in west chester that published the story morning after is currently at 10,000 on ebay. I had the paper in my hand the other day. Have no idea who would pay that much for it.

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Previous

Return to General Talk