Pick up Peralta? Drop Mouse? WHIR,LL 110% - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Pick up Peralta? Drop Mouse? WHIR,LL 110%

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pick up Peralta? Drop Mouse? WHIR,LL 110%

Postby KaPluie » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:56 pm

Peralta's a FA in my league (was just dropped), and I'm thinking of adding him as a depth guy and replacing Mike Moustakas. Do you think Peralta's worth adding for my team in place of Mouse? Nice thing about Peralta, is that he backs up both 3B and SS. Currently Andrus is my only SS. Of course, Mouse has huge potential. WHIR,LL

My Team
---------------
League: 12 teams, Daily H2H, 6x6, Keeper (3 players)
Roster Size: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Batter Scoring: R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, SLG
Pitching Scoring: W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, Quality Starts

C - Alex Avila (C, preseason YRank=349)
1B - Joey Votto (1B, 5)
2B - Michael Young (1B/2B/3B, 76)
3B - Alex Gordon (3B/OF, 287)
SS - Elvis Andrus (SS, 100)
OF - Corey Hart (OF, 98)
OF - Matt Holliday (OF/DL, 21)
OF - Alfonso Soriano (OF/DL, 178)
Utility - Brett Gardner (OF, 120)
Bench - Bobby Abreu (OF, 117)
Bench - Dan Uggla (2B, 34)
Bench - Mike Moustakas (3B, 1069)

SP - Cole Hamels (SP, 60)
SP - Francisco Liriano (SP, 83)
RP - Jonathan Papelbon (RP, 93) (closer)
RP - Jose Valverde (RP, 130) (closer)
P - Sergio Santos (RP, 381) (closer)
P - Matt Capps (RP, 233) (closer)
P - Anibal Sanchez (SP, 277)
Bench - Johnny Cueto (SP, 212)
Bench - Tim Stauffer (SP/RP, 225)
DL - Joe Nathan - (RP/DL, 181)
DL - Brett Anderson (SP/DL, 110)
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pick up Peralta? Drop Mouse? WHIR,LL 110%

Postby ATLbraves » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:16 am

Thats a very tough decision since it's a keeper league. But if you are contending and think you have a shot at winning the league this year and you already have 3 other keepers that you can keep, I think you should make the move.

I would strongly consider dropping Abreu before Moustakas though if you were planning on keeping Mouse as a keeper.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jruffus1 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:22 am

Thanks for the reply.

Honestly, I'd rather hang on to Moustakas and see what he's all about instead of picking up Peralta. Elvis is a very solid option at SS and I see no immediate use for him. HOWEVER, I would consider swapping Abreu for him though. Abreu's power is almost completely diminished and Peralta would give you the same kind/if not more production off the bench as a Utility player.
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 68)

Postby KaPluie » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:39 am

Currently I'm in 3rd place in my ca$$$h league, only a couple games out of first.
My reservation with dropping Abreu and adding Peralta, is that replacing an OF with a SS/3B when I already have Mouse as a 3B on the bench, might be a little redundant. However, I do have 5 OFs even without Abreu. The pros for Bobby are that he's second on my team in OBP (behind only Votto), and has 10 steals to boot. His counting stats have been pretty mediocre. Peralta obviously has more power, and better counting numbers, but no steals and a lower OBP ... plus, Peralta is batting way above his career average, which is a little scary. I'm a little handcuffed on what to do on this one.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sigriffey » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:43 am

I hear u on Abreu. He's a nice guy to plug in if u need walks, bop, sbs... If u have any inkling of keeper mous then I would pass on Peralta, who is rather inconsistent anyway. However, if u think you could live without Abreu then consider making the move and trying to trade mous for an of to a team that is way out of it.

Help me out on this urgent trade q?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=433726
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby ajfool32 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:59 am

I'd keep mousse. Andrus will be solid all year and as an uggla owner I'm a believer that he is eventually going to hit. If he does you can put young at 3b if needed. Mousse's potential is too high to drop for peralta especially in a keeper league.
ajfool32
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 4)

Postby wazzeus » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:45 am

Peralta is providing top-three scoring at a thin SS position and rates among the better 3B options as well given all the injuries at the position. Get him.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jruffus1 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:25 am

KaPluie wrote:Currently I'm in 3rd place in my ca$$$h league, only a couple games out of first.
My reservation with dropping Abreu and adding Peralta, is that replacing an OF with a SS/3B when I already have Mouse as a 3B on the bench, might be a little redundant. However, I do have 5 OFs even without Abreu. The pros for Bobby are that he's second on my team in OBP (behind only Votto), and has 10 steals to boot. His counting stats have been pretty mediocre. Peralta obviously has more power, and better counting numbers, but no steals and a lower OBP ... plus, Peralta is batting way above his career average, which is a little scary. I'm a little handcuffed on what to do on this one.

I understand your hesitancy. However, I am not sure that a stolen base from Abreu every 2 or so weeks is really worth it. And he may be hitting consistently now, but I think I remember a time earlier in the season where he had around a 230 AVG. His position is very deep, whereas Peralta has duel eligibility at both SS and 3B, which are both VERY shallow. Whether he's going to sit on your bench or build up trade value, I'd choose Peralta over Abreu in this situation. Worse comes to worse, there has to be someone in your FA pool that would give similar kinds of numbers.
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 68)

Postby smitty10j » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:37 am

I don't think I would drop Moustaks for Peralta, Moustaks has been putting up solid numbers and I think he will continue to get better. I would consider dropping Abreu for Peralta and then try to trade Moustakas for another outfielder. And if I would also consider dropping Tim Stauffer, he has been on the DL all season, and he is playing for the padres who are absolutely awful, so I don't know how much production you would get from him this season.

WHIR
viewtopic.php?t=448741
smitty10j
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:02 am

I too would drop Abreu and pick up Peralta.
Don't drop Mouse for Peralta though.

Help me in return? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=448744&p=3536484#p3536484
FantasySportsMaven
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions