Fast Food Thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Fast Food Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Fast Food Thread

Postby jfg » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:17 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:Who the hell goes to Subway for cold cuts? You can make better cold cut sandwiches yourself easily except smaller and with regular bread, or go to Jimmy John's if you're rich as Warren Buffett. Subway is for delicious hot sandwiches and nothing else.

I could have forgiven you for one ridiculous statement but you struck out.

1. Cold cuts are in my top 3 of Subway choices. They just go good with the bread.
2. Jimmy Johns is about the same price as Subway. Plus, you don't get employees counting out 6 slices of ham to put on your sandwich.
3. The hot sandwiches at Subway are the worst except for the roasted chicken breast. This is why places like Quizno's exist- Subway can't do a hot sandwich right. I've never had a toasted sub there that wasn't burnt.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:00 am

jfg wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:Who the hell goes to Subway for cold cuts? You can make better cold cut sandwiches yourself easily except smaller and with regular bread, or go to Jimmy John's if you're rich as Warren Buffett. Subway is for delicious hot sandwiches and nothing else.

I could have forgiven you for one ridiculous statement but you struck out.

1. Cold cuts are in my top 3 of Subway choices. They just go good with the bread.
2. Jimmy Johns is about the same price as Subway. Plus, you don't get employees counting out 6 slices of ham to put on your sandwich.
3. The hot sandwiches at Subway are the worst except for the roasted chicken breast. This is why places like Quizno's exist- Subway can't do a hot sandwich right. I've never had a toasted sub there that wasn't burnt.

pretty much the truth
also i can make the same sammich at home, but i usually dont have salami and peperoni on hand for myself, turkey and bacon for the wife, plus lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, peppers, etc...i'd rather just run to Subway than go to the grocery store to buy all that stuff
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:04 am

The hot sandwiches have just as much sodium as the cold cut combo. Plus the stuff they put in the hot sandwich doesn't look like real meat/chicken/whatever. I don't trust any of the hot sandwiches and they usually put so much sauce on it that it spills all over the place. :-P
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby bigken117 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:41 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Metroid wrote:McDonalds is awful...just awful. You say it's been 7 years since you stepped foot in one AD? I haven't eaten that garbage since high school. It's been 17 years since I've stepped foot in one. And if I have it my way, I'll never step foot in one again. :-t

Yeah, one time I was in a hurry to get a project done and needed a quick bite. Prior to that, I hadn't eaten McDonald's in 4-5 years. I would never eat there if I had a choice, but I'm sure if I have kids, I'd have to take them there. :-b

you will but you don't have to eat it yourself. %-6 You won't feel good about yourself as you help them finish the fries in their happy meal. :*)

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:37 am

I refuse to give high marks to an establishment that doesn't slice their own meat and cheese for their sandwiches. I don't care how good the bread is.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:11 am

AussieDodger wrote:I believe this thread started and ended with KFC :-L

BTW, Australian McDonalds = Le Suck. Whatever they cook the meat in makes it taste like it's rotten. DO NOT WANT. :-t

am i the only one here who can't stand KFC? i liked it long time ago, but now i can't eat it due to the saltiness. i'd rather have popeyes or church's than KFC.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:12 am

bigken117 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Metroid wrote:McDonalds is awful...just awful. You say it's been 7 years since you stepped foot in one AD? I haven't eaten that garbage since high school. It's been 17 years since I've stepped foot in one. And if I have it my way, I'll never step foot in one again. :-t

Yeah, one time I was in a hurry to get a project done and needed a quick bite. Prior to that, I hadn't eaten McDonald's in 4-5 years. I would never eat there if I had a choice, but I'm sure if I have kids, I'd have to take them there. :-b

you will but you don't have to eat it yourself. %-6 You won't feel good about yourself as you help them finish the fries in their happy meal. :*)

Your kids need help finishing their fries? I risk bodily injury if I venture near their fries.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:13 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:am i the only one here who can't stand KFC?

yes
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:25 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:am i the only one here who can't stand KFC?

yes

i think KFC sucks. Popeye's destroys.

also, I don't think I can stand for this McDonald's hatred any more. I understand that it's not the best, but it is OK.

the BigMac is a decent sandwhich, double cheeseburger plain is solid and their breakfast burrito may be one of the best items in all of fast food. Their fries are about as good as fries get. on a side note: I am consistantly impressed with the efficiency at which those places operate.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:27 am

bigh0rt wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
bleach168 wrote:In-n-out. :-D

sonic

we just got sonic here last year, and i ate there once and wasn't a fan.

yeah, sonic's nothing special
overpriced, unless you have a buy one, get one
the totes are actually too salty, which is something I didn't think was possible
and the rest of their menu is meh except for the limeaides... which still aren't that great
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk