Fast Food Thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Fast Food Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Fast Food Thread

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:11 am

I believe this thread started and ended with KFC :-L

BTW, Australian McDonalds = Le Suck. Whatever they cook the meat in makes it taste like it's rotten. DO NOT WANT. :-t
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:15 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:why would anyone wish for a del taco?

You gotta be kidding me. Those 99 cent bean and cheese (green) are the bomb. I'd swear i had em in my baby bottle. As a matter of fact, one of my fathers day gifts today was a Del Taco gift card ;-D
Last edited by wrveres on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby wrveres » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:19 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I don't eat it that often so when I do I want it to be good.

Mookie4ever wrote: That's why I avoid Quiznos, Burger King, Arby's and Pizza Hut.
I save my bad food days for Subway, McD's and Dairy Queen. Now that I think about it we don't have much in the way of fast food in Toronto. I wish that we had In N Out Burger or Sonic, White Castly, Jack in the Box or Del Taco here :-[ What's good?

you Canadians, i swear. Quiznos, Burger King and Arbys are far superior to Subway, McD's (really?) and Dairy Queen.

White Castle sucks. Well its good for road trips, cus it plugs you up, and the less gas station bathrooms, the better.

as for Jack in the Box and In and Out. ... oh well so sad. we got em on every street corner here
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:30 am

White Castle's - Lord I miss that place! :-L I'm sorry, but whoever feels Krystal's is the same thing needs to have their head examined.

Definite props for 5 guys and In&Out. ;-D

No one has mentioned Skyline yet? 8-o I'm sure someone has been in the Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio region! Grew up on this stuff and it's not quite the same thing you can sometimes find either in your grocer's frozen section or canned chili aisle. Better not hear someone liking Gold Star more either! :^
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:01 am

wrveres wrote:White Castle sucks. Well its good for road trips, cus it plugs you up, and the less gas station bathrooms, the better.

White Castle does the opposite to me. It's another thing I enjoy maybe once a year.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:01 am

AD - I go for the non-traditional as well, the fast food I eat the most is shawarma or shish taok on a pita. We have them all over Toronto and they are miles better than gyros.

I would love to have a Hardees here. When they lived in Richmond my sister's family introduced me to Hardees mashed potatoes with gravy, very good.

I like Subway but I don't like that you think that you are eating healthy there. The footlong coldcut has over 2000 mg of sodium, that's almost all of your recommended daily intake, in one sandwich.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:37 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:What's wrong with Subway? :-S

If I order a sub and the best part of it is the bread, I have an issue. Don't get me wrong. The bread is key. It just shouldn't be the "star".

wrveres wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I don't eat it that often so when I do I want it to be good.

Mookie4ever wrote: That's why I avoid Quiznos, Burger King, Arby's and Pizza Hut.
I save my bad food days for Subway, McD's and Dairy Queen. Now that I think about it we don't have much in the way of fast food in Toronto. I wish that we had In N Out Burger or Sonic, White Castly, Jack in the Box or Del Taco here :-[ What's good?

you Canadians, i swear. Quiznos, Burger King and Arbys are far superior to Subway, McD's (really?) and Dairy Queen.

White Castle sucks. Well its good for road trips, cus it plugs you up, and the less gas station bathrooms, the better.

as for Jack in the Box and In and Out. ... oh well so sad. we got em on every street corner here

You sure it was White Castle that you had? I have had them more times than I wish to admit and they always smell the same going in and coming out and it is always in short time.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:39 am

As for 5 Guys, it's OK but I don't get the love. Good burgers but I see them constantly writing about their "famous fries". I never heard about them, let alone their fries, until they opened up a store in my area. Their fries taste too much like potatoes and less like fries for my tastes (if that makes sense).
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:13 am

here's my thoughts in alphabetical order

A&W not sure if these are just regional or not (similar to a Sonic) but they have decent burgers and being able to get a coney dog is a nice option. Root Beer floats ;-D

Arbys - pretty good but too damn expensive for what you get. Beef and Cheddar is :-L and curly fries or potato cakes make a nice side. Chicken strips are really good as well

Burger King - every once in a while i get a craving for a Whopper (minus ketchup, extra mayo, extra pickle). their fries and onion rings pretty much suck, as does anything chicken based. haven't had their breakfast in years...asked my wife to get me a croissan-wich for Fathers Day...she didn't deliver :-C they had a promotional Italian Sausage sammich a few years back...i should have saved myself some anguish and threw it directly in the toilet

Checkers burgers are above average, fries are one of a kind

Culvers i like these burgers and their custard. fries...not so much

Del Taco - only had this a few times... definitely better than Taco Bell

Five Guys hard to classify as fast food since there's no drive through, but i think it's quite a tasty burger...fries are good as well, although each time i get them i'm less and less excited by them

Hardees there's only 1 that i know of in Michigan anymore...Frisco Burger isnt the same as it was 10 years ago. not enough recent experience to give a good analysis

Jack In The Box - none anywhere near Michigan...only had once...i thought it was damn good

Jimmy Johns i like the soft bread but it's not really anything special. about the only time i get it is for working lunches or the occasional free samples they peddle at my work to drum up business

KFC :-L :-L :-L (at least the chicken anyway)...so greasy though i always regret eating it

Long John Silvers i probably get this like once a year then complain to my wife how terrible it makes me feel...still those 10 minutes of devouring that greasy goodness keep me coming back for more punishment

McDonalds i really dont care for their burgers or chicken products. fish sammich is :-L , plus they have the occasional McRib :-L :-L :-L Fries are the best in the business though. Breakfast is top notch as well (at least as far as fast food goes)

Popeyes only eaten here a few times...would rather just get KFC for the occasional times i eat this stuff

Quiznos when they first came to Michigan i enjoyed them, havent eaten here in years though...just dont care for it

Sonic i used to always be upset seeing their delicious commercials on ESPN and whatnot and not having them in Michigan. then i got one in Kentucky on a business trip and thought it was pretty good. then they came to Michigan and i realized it's not anything special...drinks are good though i guess

Subway it is what it is...i could make the same sammich at home if i wanted to. cookies are under rated

Taco Bell just keeps getting worse and worse

Tim Hortons not really a fan of their lunch sammiches but they have a very good breakfast sammich...and good coffee and donuts

Wendys probably the best all around fast food...good burgers (the Baconator is awesome...minus ketchup)...decent fries, good chicken products, chili, acceptable salads.

White Castle i'm a junkie...although i pretty much only get this while i'm drunk. then i spend the next day destroying the bathroom. i recommend venturing beyond the sliders (chicken sammich, fish sammich, chicken rings, clam strips, fish nibblers, cheese sticks are all :-L )
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby shawngee03 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:16 am

Whataburger and Taco Cabana.

im guessing these arent in the areas you guys live as you would have most definately mentioned them before. just another reason Texas is betterthan where you live
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk