Fast Food Thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Fast Food Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Fast Food Thread

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:50 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Not poutine, but this is one of my favorite local food trucks:

Frysmith

Their rajas fries and the kimchi fries are the business.

What a bunch of BS! we can't even get an in-n'-out or a decent slice of pizza up here, but you get those freakin' rajas fries driving around your city?!? sucks.

Well, it's L.A. after all. Any cuisine, we've got it here. The food truck scene has really blossomed the last 3 years, such that you can find any food served on a food truck. There's even a Spanish tapas food truck now. :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:57 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:can i change my big box side to the poutine fries from Canadian McDonalds :-L

I was going to ask Mookie if the fast food joints in Canada served poutine instead of the usual stuff.

by the way, any way that we can get Giroux for some poutine and a 3rd round pick?
I mean, if there's a fire sale going on the Habs want in.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:can i change my big box side to the poutine fries from Canadian McDonalds :-L

I was going to ask Mookie if the fast food joints in Canada served poutine instead of the usual stuff.

by the way, any way that we can get Giroux for some poutine and a 3rd round pick?

mookie, are your fries served with ketchup or Mayo & Vinegar?
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:06 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

Mayo is a Dutch thing, maybe french too. We get ketchup and/or malt vinegar. Family restaurants have vinegar on the table and McD's etc always have vinegar packets beside the ketchup.

Do you guys have Harvey's? They have the saltiest fries and you need to have vinegar with them, for some reason the vinegar goes great with the extra salt. Harvey's makes the best burgers in T.O. They are big, sirloin, grilled and after it's made you direct what toppings you want on. There a dozen or so things you can get on your burger, some of them you can get fried onions or onion rings on top.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm

They also serve fries with mayonnaise in Belgium. In France, there are some places that do serve with mayo on the side, but it's mainly a Dutch and Belgian thing. BTW, Belgian fries are so good.

Malt vinegar also goes good on fries, but are best on wedge-sized fries (like you'd find in fish and chips).

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:20 pm

In Holland it is usually a mustard mayo, so it's yellow and spicy. I've also had a curry mayo there.

The weirdest fast food is in the netherlands. They have these self serve fast food places with snacks in these little coin operated machines built into the wall. Guys at fryers behind the wall keep putting fresh stuff in the boxes and you put coins in to open the box to take the food out. it's all kinds of fried stuff, potatoes, squid, onions etc. i remember that the best was deep-fried gravy. It had chunks of meat in it but when you bit in it would burn your mouth and drip all over the place. But if it was old and cold it would be congealed and you would eat it like a sausage but it was really congealed fat. :-L When drunk you could go through tons of those.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:24 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

Mayo is a Dutch thing, maybe french too. We get ketchup and/or malt vinegar. Family restaurants have vinegar on the table and McD's etc always have vinegar packets beside the ketchup.

Do you guys have Harvey's? They have the saltiest fries and you need to have vinegar with them, for some reason the vinegar goes great with the extra salt. Harvey's makes the best burgers in T.O. They are big, sirloin, grilled and after it's made you direct what toppings you want on. There a dozen or so things you can get on your burger, some of them you can get fried onions or onion rings on top.

South Detroit (AKA Windsor) has them but i've never eaten there
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:25 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

I don't want to hijack this thread too much but I am happy overall with the moves they made. They had a surplus of C and needed an upgrade in net. They have also been up against the cap for years. They unloaded a surplus, got talent and picks back, and signed a goalie. I love the Carter deal and don't love the Richards deal but it is growing on me. I don't think that they would have gotten over the hump with the team they had. They still might not but at least they are being proactive.

To get back on topic, many a drunken night was spent here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grease_Trucks
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:33 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

I don't want to hijack this thread too much but I am happy overall with the moves they made. They had a surplus of C and needed an upgrade in net. They have also been up against the cap for years. They unloaded a surplus, got talent and picks back, and signed a goalie. I love the Carter deal and don't love the Richards deal but it is growing on me. I don't think that they would have gotten over the hump with the team they had. They still might not but at least they are being proactive.

9yr $51m deal to a 31 yr old goalie who has gotten worse in each of the past 3 seasons? That shocked me.

Richards is a prick and I can understand ditching him but Jeff Carter was a bad deal. He's only 26, a good guy. Voracek is nothing great and I don't know where the first rounder is but it seems at this point that they jettisoned him.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:48 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

9yr $51m deal to a 31 yr old goalie who has gotten worse in each of the past 3 seasons? That shocked me.

Richards is a prick and I can understand ditching him but Jeff Carter was a bad deal. He's only 26, a good guy. Voracek is nothing great and I don't know where the first rounder is but it seems at this point that they jettisoned him.

I really think that you should take another look at Bryzgalov's numbers and tell me if he has gotten worse for 3 straight seasons. I also take it that you haven't watched Carter play recently. The next net he hits in crunchtime will be his first.

The pick is 8th overall but it's not only that. They needed to change the locker room and create cap space. They did both.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk