Owner wants Cano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Owner wants Cano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Owner wants Cano

Postby Leesville Sluggers » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:57 pm

Another owner wants Cano pretty badly, and we have been tossing around trade ideas for a few days, but no official offers yet. I suggested my Cano/Joyce for his Verlander/Lind, and he rejected saying i was asking too much. He then countered with his Verlander/Lind for my Cano/Mcutchen...and obviously i think this is too much.

I wouldnt mind moving cano since i have neil walker on the bench. I need some help in Avg., SB, Wins, and K's.

I didnt think that verlander/lind was too much to ask for the best 2B in the game. Am I wrong? What other trade packages could i try?

Thanks for the help.

League setup: 10 teams, traditional 5x5 roto, non keeper

My Team:
C-Olivo, 1B-Morse, 2B-Cano, 3B-ARod, SS-A Ramirez, OF-Mcutchen,J Upton, Carlos Lee, UT-Sandoval, BN-Joyce, Rizzo, Neil Walker
SP-Cain, Pineda, Bedard, Zimmerman, Cueto
RP-Papelbon, Nunez, Perez, Guerra
DL-Aardsma

His Team:
C-Montero, 1B-Lind, 2B-Kennedy, 3B-Zimmerman, SS-Tulo, OF-Kemp, Pagan, Blackmon, UT-G Sanchez, BN-Berkman, Werth, Dunn, DL-Prado
SP- Verlander, Hamels, Weaver, Hudson, Billingsley
RP-K Rod, Axford, Venters, Melancon
Leesville Sluggers
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Owner wants Cano

Postby dannahann » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:11 pm

I wouldn't trade Cano alone for Verly + Lind. He's asking way too much here. If you want commensurate value shop Cano to your league. You can be couteus about it and tell this pirate you plan to do so, not as a threat per se just because you need to ensure you are getting fair market value for a likely 1st rounder. Let him know his trade isn't close.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 223)

Postby MaudDib » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:21 am

Not too much to ask and maybe not enough. Sometimes you just can't find common ground with a deal. If you really feel like you need to make a move, then let the league know and see what happens but I would probably just hang onto him.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 466)

Postby Hogger1 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:31 am

Verlander/Lind for Cano/Joyce is reasonable. You might be giving up more, but if you can gain in the pitching catogories by making a trade like that, it's still not bad. But to take less would be unreasonable. I doubt making a trade with this guy is going to work since he seems to be overvaluing Verlander too much. Move on, or if you REALLY want Verlander, tell him it's your final offer, take it or leave it.
Hogger1
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 27)

Postby ahcryky » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:59 am

What you offered, Verlander/Lind for Cano/Joyce was fair. I'd switch Hamels for Verlander in that deal and offer it. If he doesn't take that, move on.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 13)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions