Time to drop Morneau??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Time to drop Morneau???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Time to drop Morneau???

Postby mchapple78 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:48 pm

I have Konerko, Hosmer and C. Santana to fill out my 1B, CI and/or Catcher spot.

Is it time to drop Morneau and take a flyer on Olivo at catcher, he's hitting the ball hard and i could use his power numbers. If/when he cools i can always find the next hot item on the wire.

Should note that no one is interested in trading for him.

WHIR.
mchapple78
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Time to drop Morneau???

Postby etl1692 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:17 am

Get rid of em. Luckily earlier on in the year I saw problems occuring down the road and traded him off. He doesnt have much trade value anymore but maybe you can find someone thats optimistic. If you cant trade em, just get rid of him. It seems like you have that position covered anyway.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=433608
etl1692
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Millhouse » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:21 am

Don't drop, trade...lots of these answers today, with guys outright dropping players who at least have name value....package him with somoene else (who think he still has something left this year...I don't) for an upgrade at another position.

See mine? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=433631
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 98)

Postby mhuhn23 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:49 am

Millhouse wrote:Don't drop, trade...lots of these answers today, with guys outright dropping players who at least have name value....package him with somoene else (who think he still has something left this year...I don't) for an upgrade at another position.

See mine? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=433631

I agree under most circumstances, but Morneau is coming off a concussion, has a pinched nerve in his neck, has a bad back, and now is dealing with a sore wrist. All of those injuries scream red flags for an MLB slugger. Pack it in on Morneau for 2011 and drop him. Don't let that scare you from drafting him next year, as I'd expect him to rebound once he's fully healthy. I just don't think this is his year.
mhuhn23
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bullatopia » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:32 am

He's going to be going on and off DL all season for Twins.Try to trade him to see if you can get any solid player for him, if not, drop him. He's a waste of space.
Bullatopia
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions