Mega Deal for Votto/McCutchen ... YES or NO? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Mega Deal for Votto/McCutchen ... YES or NO? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mega Deal for Votto/McCutchen ... YES or NO? WHIR

Postby saemick » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:25 pm

Man, this is a tough one. To be able to keep Votto through 2013 would be HUGE though. Personally the Hosmer piece is what's making me think to be honest. If you could take the Hosmer/Ackley part out of this deal, I think I'd feel a lot better in making this trade.

Even the way it is, I think when it comes down to it, I'd make this trade though

please give me a hand with mine:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=433602
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mega Deal for Votto/McCutchen ... YES or NO? WHIR

Postby dannahann » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:02 am

ahcryky wrote:
dannahann wrote:Really a tough call for me. Don't laugh but by 2013 it's not inconceivable that Hosmer would be the preferred keeper to Votto. They are very similar hitters. Getting McCuthen would be great but Bruce and/or CarGo are going to be right there with him as keeper OF. The big difference is you'd lose two of them to net 1. I'd favor Wandy by just a little bit over Cueto. Ackley is meh. He's not going to be a + power source in that ballpark nor does he steal lots of bases. He'll put up decent batting average. I fear he'll become another Callaspo / Polanco type infielder. Plus player but not a fantasy force.

I have Hosmer, please give me Votto straight up. As for the trade, I like it that you can keep Votto an extra year, the only unknown here is Ackley. It hurts to lose Bruce, but I like it over all for you.

No one really suggested that for 2011? One of the primary reasons sigriffey was looking at losing the extra stud OF was the chance to keep Votto into 2013. I was simply pointing out that it's conceivable Hosmer might be the more desired keeper by then. They possess similar skillsets and abilities and Hoss is much younger. Hosmer was drafted and hyped the better prospect and Hosmer was so much more successful rocketing thru the minors than was Joey, despite being much younger when he did so. In fact if you look at how the consensus top keeper 1B fared coming up, Hosmer would be most similar to Miggy. Is early success a guarantee he'll be a better keep than Votto 2 years from now? NO. Would anyone trade them straight up now? NO. Could he be? There is a lot of evidence suggesting he could.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions