Mega Deal for Votto/McCutchen ... YES or NO? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Mega Deal for Votto/McCutchen ... YES or NO? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mega Deal for Votto/McCutchen ... YES or NO? WHIR

Postby sigriffey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:13 pm

This could be a great deal considering Votto can be kept thru 2013. The others (aside from Hosmer and Ackley) are keepers thru 2012. We keep 6 players each year.

I give: Cargo, Bruce, Hosmer and Wandy
I get: Votto, McCutchen, Ackley and Cueto

12 Team H2H. We Keep 6 Players Season to Season, each for 3 years max. * means contract year

Stat Cats: R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG -- IP, CG, W, L, ER, ERA, K, SV, WHIP

MY TEAM (pending processing of a recent trade)

C A. Avila
1B P. Fielder
2B D. Pedroia
3B A. Rodriguez
SS H. Ramirez
OF C. Gonzalez
OF J. Bruce
OF J. Ellsbury
UT M. Brantley
UT E. Hosmer
UT D. Gordon
BN D. Young
BN B. Lawrie
BN D. Jennings
DL I. Davis

SP R. Halladay
SP F. Hernandez
SP T. Lincecum
RP J. Walden
RP S. Santos
P T. Hanson
P Z. Greinke*
P T. Cahill
BN W. Rodriguez
BN R. Dempster
DL S. Strasburg
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mega Deal for Votto/McCutchen ... YES or NO? WHIR

Postby dannahann » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:21 pm

Really a tough call for me. Don't laugh but by 2013 it's not inconceivable that Hosmer would be the preferred keeper to Votto. They are very similar hitters. Getting McCuthen would be great but Bruce and/or CarGo are going to be right there with him as keeper OF. The big difference is you'd lose two of them to net 1. I'd favor Wandy by just a little bit over Cueto. Ackley is meh. He's not going to be a + power source in that ballpark nor does he steal lots of bases. He'll put up decent batting average. I fear he'll become another Callaspo / Polanco type infielder. Plus player but not a fantasy force.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby sigriffey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:28 pm

We can only keep 6 players per season. Does that influence anyone one way or the other?
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic

Postby dannahann » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:33 pm

sigriffey wrote:We can only keep 6 players per season. Does that influence anyone one way or the other?

Making the assumption this roster now has Cano on it too I see your point. Votto probably replaces Cargo among your 6 keeps. Cutch or Bruce may or may not make the cut.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby sigriffey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:37 pm

I don't own Cano (I wish I did!). But can you recap what you would do with this trade?

By the way, Hanson is headed to the DL. No structural damage to the shoulder, but inflamation. So I'll have to DL him, which may put pressure on my pitching staff (thus making it harder to move Wandy). However, this is a genuine shot at getting Votto abnd controlling him thru 2013.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic

Postby dannahann » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:21 pm

sigriffey wrote:I don't own Cano (I wish I did!). But can you recap what you would do with this trade?

By the way, Hanson is headed to the DL. No structural damage to the shoulder, but inflamation. So I'll have to DL him, which may put pressure on my pitching staff (thus making it harder to move Wandy). However, this is a genuine shot at getting Votto abnd controlling him thru 2013.

Sorry I got confused there. re-recap: Being you only keep 6 and you are loaded it's an OK deal if you are more concerned with your top 6 next spring than winning right now. If a 2011 championship is a bigger priority I think you are giving up too much here and I wouldn't make this trade. I recapped what I thought of the individual players as keeps a few posts up on this thread.
61*
70**73**762***
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby sigriffey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Very tempted at the prospect of a lineup that sports both Prince and Votto ... would help fight slumps that guys like Bruce and Cargo tend to go through. But I dunno.

I am looking to win this year but also have a solid foundation.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic

Postby Mortician » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:27 pm

for you, being a keeper, and that you already have prince, id keep cargo & bruce

as per the trade itself, its an incredibly even trade in my opinion... votto > cargo,
mccutcheon < bruce, hosmer = lawrie, cueto = wandy
Mortician
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby sigriffey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:25 pm

Anyone else? Thoughts?
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic

Postby ahcryky » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:16 pm

dannahann wrote:Really a tough call for me. Don't laugh but by 2013 it's not inconceivable that Hosmer would be the preferred keeper to Votto. They are very similar hitters. Getting McCuthen would be great but Bruce and/or CarGo are going to be right there with him as keeper OF. The big difference is you'd lose two of them to net 1. I'd favor Wandy by just a little bit over Cueto. Ackley is meh. He's not going to be a + power source in that ballpark nor does he steal lots of bases. He'll put up decent batting average. I fear he'll become another Callaspo / Polanco type infielder. Plus player but not a fantasy force.

I have Hosmer, please give me Votto straight up. As for the trade, I like it that you can keep Votto an extra year, the only unknown here is Ackley. It hurts to lose Bruce, but I like it over all for you.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions