Can Zimmerman land a top teir OF? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Can Zimmerman land a top teir OF?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Can Zimmerman land a top teir OF?

Postby Bolthead04 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:15 am

Just a quick question. With Pujols gaining 3B, I have Morse who can take over at 1B (Or Hosmer who is on the WW or any other number of decent options.) Could I trade Zimmerman for a top teir OF? I am in serious need of some OF help. I'm also trying to trade a different package for Stubbs, but it's not going well.

If anyone has any specific names in mind that would be around Zimmerman's value, throw them out. Yes, I know he's just back from an injury and his value isn't as great. I'm just trying to figure out what value he has right now.

The league is 12 team H2H.

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On Base Percent (OBP)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings

C - Brian McCann
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - Kelly Johnson
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
SS - Alexi Ramirez
OF - Jason Werth
OF - Carlos Quentin
OF - Matt Joyce
Util - Colby Rasmus
BN - Angel Pagan
BN - Nick Swisher
BN - Michael Morse

SP - Shaun Marcum
SP - Matt Cain
RP - Francisco Cordero
RP - Ryan Madson
P - John Axford
P - Justin Verlander
P - Ricky Nolasco
BN - Jhoulys Chacin
BN - Mat Latos
BN - Max Scherzer
First Year-First Team

Last Week: 9-2-0
Overall: 141-80-10 (16-5 by the week)
Bolthead04 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Can Zimmerman land a top teir OF?

Postby sigriffey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:59 am

Stanton? Mccuthcen? VicTorino?

Help me real quick?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=433521
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby fast dogs » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:16 am

Zimm was a top 25 pick, I wouldn't settle for anything less than a top tier OF. Pence, Ells, McCutchen, Bruce. Really it is just looking at rosters in your league for a team hurting at 3rd and seeing what they have in the OF and help both your rosters with a deal. If Zimm doesn't get you what you want, just hold on a bit, he'll start going way up in value soon enuf
Can't you just play Morse in the OF, he's a big upgrade over what you are starting now
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 302)

Postby Bolthead04 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:55 am

fast dogs wrote:Zimm was a top 25 pick, I wouldn't settle for anything less than a top tier OF. Pence, Ells, McCutchen, Bruce. Really it is just looking at rosters in your league for a team hurting at 3rd and seeing what they have in the OF and help both your rosters with a deal. If Zimm doesn't get you what you want, just hold on a bit, he'll start going way up in value soon enuf
Can't you just play Morse in the OF, he's a big upgrade over what you are starting now

I do play Morse right now. Generally my OF is Pagan, Morse, Quentin, and then either Rasmus or Swisher at utility. Werth and Joyce rarely get starts. I'm trying to trade Werth, and am considering dropping Joyce.
First Year-First Team

Bolthead04 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JJGBPD » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:32 am

I think if you could get someone like Bruce that would be a good start. Ellsbury would be awesome but with him playing so well not sure anyone would give him up yet. Stubbs, Pence and Justin Upton some other good options....
JJGBPD
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bolthead04 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:29 am

Granderson and McCutchen are both owned by the same owner who I'm friends with, and he won't part with either of them.

I might put out an offer for Bruce or Ells.

The main reason I want to move him is that my lineup has 3 Nationals (And I've been telling myself not to pick up Espinosa even though I want him). They're streaky at best, so Werth has been killing me. Zimmer may or may not have a good go around coming back from injury. And, Morse is just a hot streak I picked up.

I love the Nats but they're killing me. :-{ I have 2 Cards, 2 White Sox, and 3 Nats so the bad days for any of those teams are magnified in my lineup. I'm trying to chase some diversity.
First Year-First Team

Bolthead04 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Devil Doc » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:49 am

I think I would target Ellusbury, Granderson, McCutchen, Stubbs as you mentioned, and maybe Chris Young. You have to remember, stud 3B is really hard to come by, so even him coming off the DL, I believe his value is still higher than most. i aslso agree with what someone posted above, give it some time, his value will get even higher.
Devil Doc Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bolthead04 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:29 am

Devil Doc wrote:I think I would target Ellusbury, Granderson, McCutchen, Stubbs as you mentioned, and maybe Chris Young. You have to remember, stud 3B is really hard to come by, so even him coming off the DL, I believe his value is still higher than most. i aslso agree with what someone posted above, give it some time, his value will get even higher.

Given 3 teams in my league have stopped playing, certain positions are at a premium that shouldn't be. OF is one of them in my league. So, I may have to sit on Zimmerman. If I do, I'll still be trying to move Werth anyway... =\ I just don't particularly trust Zimmerman. Ah well. :)
First Year-First Team

Bolthead04 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions