Pujols/B.J. for CarGo/Weaver Trade *WHIR* - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Pujols/B.J. for CarGo/Weaver Trade *WHIR*

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pujols/B.J. for CarGo/Weaver Trade *WHIR*

Postby moochieh » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:48 pm

I'm currently in first place of a standard 5x5 H2H Yahoo! money league that the bottom 4 owners never seem to check and no one ever wants to make a trade. The only other person that is willing to deal is in 2nd place, and it will probably stay that way. If it was roto, I'd be at the top half of every category except HR and RBI where I'm 9th, and this guy is 1st in those categories so I feel like it could work.

With Albert Pujols' impending 3B eligibility with just one more start, I thought it would be an amazing time to offer for him. I started by sending J. Upton/Sandoval/Kennedy for Pujols and asked for a counter without getting Miggy involved and by centering it around CarGo or Upton. He sent back Gonzalez/Weaver for Pujols/B.J. Upton. I think this is a really good offer, but I'm going to try to counter once more. I don't want to take Upton and I don't want to get rid of Weaver, although I may have to. But help me make a counter offer. I'm thinking:

Changing my Pitcher to anyone else on my roster
Changing Upton to any lesser pitcher on his roster
CarGo/Kinsler for Pujols/Kendrick
convince him to take a 3-2 with sandoval and a lesser pitcher because I cant make any roster moves until I drop someone

Am I on target? Bonus points for anyone who answers if I should drop Francoeur to activate sandoval and then drop roberts or hart for morse! WHIR Thanks everyone

My Roster-
C Santana
1B Cabrera
2B Kinsler
3B Roberts
SS Andrus
OF J. Upton
OF C. Gonzalez
OF Ellsbury
UTIL Hart
Be Francoeur
DL Sandoval

SP Weaver
SP Sabathia
SP Gallardo
RP Street
RP Kimbrel
P Melancon
P Salas
P Kennedy
Be Nolasco Hudson Zimmerman Cueto
DL Broxton

His Roster-
C Olivo
1B Pujols
2B Kendrick (1B OF eligible)
3B Reynolds
SS Rollins
OF Kemp
OF Cruz
OF Stubbs
UTIL Upton
Be Beltran

SP Haren
SP Chacin
SP Garcia
RP Santos
RP Fuentes
RP Bailey
P Hanrahan
P Farnsworth
P Gio Gonzalez
Be Scherzer, Bucholz, Gee
DL J. Johnson, Santana

FA available that should be owned but there are some deadbeats in our league:
Basically 1B and OF are deep
Morse, Rajai Davis, Dempster, Volquez, Peavy
moochieh
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pujols/B.J. for CarGo/Weaver Trade *WHIR*

Postby MrAccoe » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:03 pm

I'd do it, and regardless of this trade, GO PICK UP MORSE!

Go pick up Dempster and Volquez as well... you are getting the better end of the trade. Upton looks to be a lock for a 20/40 year and I honestly think CarGo will be lucky to get to those levels as badly as he's slumped thus far. You're getting top 5 value for CarGo even as he's struggled.

I'd drop Frenchy and Roberts from your current team and replace with Morse and Dempster.
MrAccoe
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Devil Doc » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:57 pm

MrAccoe wrote:I'd do it, and regardless of this trade, GO PICK UP MORSE!

Go pick up Dempster and Volquez as well... you are getting the better end of the trade. Upton looks to be a lock for a 20/40 year and I honestly think CarGo will be lucky to get to those levels as badly as he's slumped thus far. You're getting top 5 value for CarGo even as he's struggled.

I'd drop Frenchy and Roberts from your current team and replace with Morse and Dempster.

I completely agree with MrAccoe here, Morse should be owned without a doubt, and Dempter is striking folks out, but just cna't seem to keep his ERA down..but I like him.

As far as the trade, again MrA summed it up perfect, this is a win hands down for you, especially who you can gain off the WW.

I'd go for it.

HELP WITH MINE PLEASE:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=433503
Devil Doc Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kaiser » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:03 pm

MrAccoe wrote:I'd do it, and regardless of this trade, GO PICK UP MORSE!

Yep, he's right.

I'd make the deal as it originally stands. Especially with guys like Morse and Dempster available, you can significantly upgrade your team for minimal loss.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 319)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochieh » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:08 am

I sent him a message saying what if I do a 3-2 with his choice of Kennedy, Zimm, Cueto, Hudson, Nolasco, and Sandoval instead of Weaver trying to convince him that he can take on an extra guy and drop Fuentes... if no dice, then I will accept. Thanks guys.

Last thing though, I dropped Franco to activate Pablo, then added Morse for Roberts. Now is there anyone you would drop for Dempster? I don't think he is better than anyone I have, that's why I'm pulling so hard for the 3-2 trade.
moochieh
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions