Hanley for Reyes in a keeper? ALL HELP RETURNED - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Hanley for Reyes in a keeper? ALL HELP RETURNED

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hanley for Reyes in a keeper? ALL HELP RETURNED

Postby kaiser » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:31 pm

Leave a link for help returned.

10 team H2H keeper.

I give Hanley Ramirez.

I get Jose Reyes.

I honestly have no idea what to do here.

Who is the better play long-term?
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hanley for Reyes in a keeper? ALL HELP RETURNED

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:50 pm

I prefer Hanley long term. He's too good a hitter not to turn things around.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nats81 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:07 pm

I think a lot depends on the value of the player, is it an auction league or just straight keeper? If it were auction based and reyes was cheaper id take flyer on him, but if it is straight, I am not sure I would make the swap, when healthy and "in" the game they are the same player and hanley has the track record.

Thanks

Would love you thoughts on the following:

viewtopic.php?t=433466
Nats81
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby dannahann » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:31 pm

REAL tough call with all the question marks. Did Jose decide to stay healthy this year to cash a big check? Who will sign/trade for reyes? Does chronic back pain at Hanley's age concern you too? Speaking of age is Hanley becoming LESS MATURE as the years go by? Seems like that to me anyway. How long do they let him play a brutal uncaring SS anyway? He should really be an OF. I would've had Hanley miles ahead a year ago but the decision is more than difficult now. I'd probably rather reyes, but to be honest I have concerns with both.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby mhuhn23 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:32 pm

I agree a lot with the above poster, but I think I'd go with Hanley. That stint on the DL was the first of his career. He called it the worst pain he has felt in his career. He has looked horrendous at the plate this year. I think this is the other owner thinking that he can cash in on Reyes good year and Hanley's awful year to get you to make a swap for a player that HE himself would rather have for future years. Hanley's attitude is a big issue as was also noted, to me it seems maybe he is becoming unhappy in Florida? Either way you have to consider everything. I own Ramirez in a keeper as well. I have been hanging on tight, waiting patiently for him to turn it around. I think it's coming soon. Once he turns it on he may not look back. With that said I'm not planning on selling unless I'm still wowed by an offer. This is the 2nd season I've had him, at this point I'm not sure I'd be comfortable dealing a player I have so much time invested in. I don't think anybody plans to pay the right price either with the way he has played thus far, so with that I think I'm stuck on him for awhile. That's just me and ultimately the decision is yours but the way I see it right now I have to tough it out with him.
mhuhn23
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions