Moose vs Mcgehee? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Moose vs Mcgehee?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Moose vs Mcgehee?

Postby barbera1843 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Who do you think will do better in the long run this season? Should i ride out Moose at 3rd and drop Mcgehee..i have tried to shop Mcgehee but no takers..
barbera1843
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Moose vs Mcgehee?

Postby bobnerns » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:37 pm

I would absolutely take Moustakas over McGehee right now. If you think there are better free agents available than McGehee is, I'd be fine dropping him. If the free agent market isn't great, I'd try holding onto him until he hopefully turns things around so his trade value would go up. I doubt many people would trade much of anything for him though, even if he does go through a decent hot streak. He's just too risky right now.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=433391
bobnerns
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Wiserman20 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:31 pm

I too am a frustrated McGehee owner trying to shop him as Bautista is my 3B.

I also am staring at Moose on waivers but don't think i'll pull that trigger.

Too many times a new guy or rookie comes in guns blazing only to flame out (i.e. Jed Lowrie, Boesch last year etc)

McGehee is hitting 5th in a deadly line up, his coach is sticking with him, and check out his July/August splits.

I think he'll come around and get back on pace here soon. Just my opinion.. but i'm going to hold on and sell or UTIL him when he get's right.

Mine?

viewtopic.php?t=433369
Wiserman20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby IronBird » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:48 pm

I am an owner of both McGehee and Moose.

I made an offseason trade for McGehee (didn't give much, but still want it back). MAN! Has he been a let down. I had picked up Roberts to stop-gap for me until Casey got his head out of his ass, but that doesn't seem to be happening this year. The Brew Crew has done almost everything short of buying him hookers to get his game going again and nothing is happening. So the second I heard Moose was getting the call up, I jumped. Dropped Roberts, started Moose, and I have absolutely no plans on benching him the remainder of this season.

The only reason I still have McGehee is cause of the off-season trade, and trying to save face, but even that has it's limits when just having him on your team is nothing more than wasting a roster spot.
"Don't worry, the fans don't start booing until July."

- Earl Weaver
IronBird
College Coach
College Coach

Postby High cheese » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:47 pm

If Maghee is your worst player than I'd drop him and take a chance on Moustakas. He was just as hyped as Hosmer and is being given an opportunity to play essentially everyday. I doubt anyone will pick up Maghee so you can always re-acquire him if it doesn't work out.
C-Santana
1B-Gonzalez
2B-Uggla
3B-Zimmerman
SS-Reyes
OF-Hamilton/Beltran/McCutchen
Util-Heyward/MCab/Berkman
Bench-Dom Brown/Moustakas/Aybar

SP-Halladay/Sabathia/Beckett/Shields/Hamels/Peavy
RP-Marmol/Paplebon/Valverde/League/Feliz
High cheese
College Coach
College Coach

Postby baegames » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:59 pm

I was recently offered McGahee plus a rocky closer for Moose, and I turned it down without a thought. Take Moose.

btw, I am just waiting for the Royals to visit the Mariners so Moose can take on The Moose.

Help with mine:

viewtopic.php?t=433188
baegames
General Manager
General Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 192)

Postby Wiserman20 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:28 pm

IronBird wrote:I am an owner of both McGehee and Moose.

I made an offseason trade for McGehee (didn't give much, but still want it back). MAN! Has he been a let down. I had picked up Roberts to stop-gap for me until Casey got his head out of his ass, but that doesn't seem to be happening this year. The Brew Crew has done almost everything short of buying him hookers to get his game going again and nothing is happening. So the second I heard Moose was getting the call up, I jumped. Dropped Roberts, started Moose, and I have absolutely no plans on benching him the remainder of this season.

The only reason I still have McGehee is cause of the off-season trade, and trying to save face, but even that has it's limits when just having him on your team is nothing more than wasting a roster spot.

Iron - I may be right, I may be crazy, but fat boy could be heating up. If you still have him in your line up, you may want to consider throwing him in. I've played him this week in my UTIL slot on a hunch and it's paying off.
Wiserman20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby IronBird » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:46 pm

Wiserman20 wrote:Iron - I may be right, I may be crazy, but fat boy could be heating up. If you still have him in your line up, you may want to consider throwing him in. I've played him this week in my UTIL slot on a hunch and it's paying off.

I do still have him and I'm watching him closly. I can't believe he's still batting ahead of Hart. If they still believe in him that much, I will continue to hold him. Thanks for the lookout!
"Don't worry, the fans don't start booing until July."

- Earl Weaver
IronBird
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions